Disneyland Paris is turning 29! Let’s celebrate it with a delicious Disneyland Paris Castle Cake!
Disneyland Paris opened in 1992 and was known as Euro Disney, since then, the parks has been bringing magic to life in the heart of Europe. So in honor of this big celebration, why not bake something inspired by the main icon of the park, Sleeping Beauty Castle.
In my opinion, Disneyland Paris has the most beautiful castle of all the Disney Parks, when you get into the park, the castle makes you feel like you are stepping into a fairytale book, it’s amazing! So let’s bring that piece of magic home by baking this cake following this easy recipe:
DISNEYLAND PARIS CASTLE CAKE
- 2 pieces of shorbread dough
- 200g (1 cup) of mascarpone
- 25g of icing sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 200g (1 cup) of whole liquid cream
- Other decorations like mini marshmallows, meringues, sugar beads and edible flowers
For the shortbread dough:
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 356F.
- Unroll the two shortbread doughs, using the castle template (find it here) cut two castle shapes with a knife then put them in the oven for 20 minutes.
For the ganache:
- In a bowl, combine the mascarpone, icing sugar and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whip the whole liquid cream using an electric mixer until it looks like whipped cream.
- Gently add the whipped cream into the mascarpone, sugar and vanilla extract mixture, then place it in a piping bag.
- Grab your castle shorbread and cover it with the ganache starting by the outside towards the center.
- Arrange some fruit on top.
- Carefully, place the second castle shortbread on top without pressing too hard.
- Cover it with ganache, then place fruit, macaroons, and other decorations.
- Keep the cake in the fridge until you are ready to eat.
You can follow the recipe by watching this video from Disneyland Paris:
Credit: Disneyland Paris