Walt Disney World recently updated its face mask policy due to the increase in COVID-19 cases. Now, the policy has changed again, this time regarding eating while in the parks.
Previously, guests were not required to wear masks unless they were unvaccinated and only while indoors. Earlier this week Disney changed its policy to now require all guests to wear masks inside regardless of vaccination status. And now, the policy has been updated once again to restrict guests to only eating while stationary indoors. If you are outdoors eating and drinking you do not need to wear a mask.
Disney World’s face mask policy now states that masks are required in the following situations:
- Upon entering and throughout all attractions
- All indoor theaters, including theater entrances
- All transportation except ferry boats, including transportation entrances
- All indoor locations, including restaurants, except when actively eating or drinking while stationary
These mask guidelines are basically the same as the ones Disney had in place when the parks first reopened. The only difference is guests no longer have to wear masks while outside, and if you are indoors you must mask up and if you are going to eat or drink something you must be stationary.
So, if you are visiting Walt Disney World, keep in mind you need to be stationary while eating or drinking indoors.
What do you think about this policy change?
For help with planning your next Disney vacation, contact me today! I am a travel agent specializing in Disney destinations and can help you plan a magical vacation at no extra cost to you!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Disney World Theme Park Hours released through November 13th - September 4, 2021
- Disney World Refurb & Closure list for September 2021 - September 4, 2021
- Halloween Time has come to Disneyland - September 3, 2021