The following is a comprehensive list of attractions, resorts and restaurants at Walt Disney World that are currently undergoing refurbishment during the month of August or will be during the months ahead:
- Monorail – modified service and/or routes through Summer 2016. Read more here.
- Celebrate the Magic – August 5 – 30, 2016
- Swiss Family Treehouse – Closed until Sep 24, 2016
- Liberty Square Riverboat – August 1 – 7, 2016
- It’s a Small World – August 22 – September 15, 2016
- Big Thunder Mountain – August 8 – November 18, 2016
- Pizza Planet – Reopening as PizzeRizzo in fall 2016
- MuppetVision 3D – August 15 – 22, 2016
- Dinosaur – Closed until October 16, 2016
- Dino Institute Shop – Closed until October 16, 2016
- Planet Hollywood – Closed through summer 2016
- Fulton’s Crab House – Reopening as Paddlefish in Fall 2016
- Cookes of Dublin – August 1 – 8, 2016
- Blizzard Beach – Annual Refurbishment October 23 – December 24, 2016
Golf Courses/Miniature Golf
- Disney’s Fantasia Fairways Course – August 1 -2, 2016
- Disney’s Fantasia Gardens Course – August 1 – 10, 2016
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Pop Century Resort: Computer Pool closed from October 31 – December 23, 2016. Hard goods refurbishments from October 16 – December 4, 2016 between 10:00am and 4:00pm.
- All Star Sports: Grand Slam Pool closed from mid October 10 – December 2, 2016. Guests may use the Surfboard Bay Pool.
- Bay Lake Tower: Soft goods refurbishment until September 24, 2016
- Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Vallage: Soft goods refurbishment July 15 – January 24, 2017
- Beach Club Villas: Soft goods & bath refurbishment until August 17, 2016
- Boardwalk Inn: Garden suites accessible room refurbishments June 8 – July 12, 2016
- Boardwalk Villas: Room refurbishments until October 31, 2016. Guests may have an interruption to water service during the overnight hours.
- Flying Fish Restaurant: Reopening August 3, 2016
- Port Orleans Riverside: Routine roof maintenance through summer 2016
- Port Orleans French Quarter: Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory Refurbishment – Closed until Late Fall 2016 More Info
- Wilderness Lodge & Villas: General resort refurbishments through 2017.
- Hidden Springs leisure pool, beach, marina, playground and Teton Boat & Bike Rental closed.
- Cub’s Den (children’s activity center): Unavailable through 2017
- Sturdy Branches (Health Club): Unavailable July – October 2016
- Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel: Guest room renovations June – September, 2016
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit my Facebook page here to start planning your next Walt Disney World vacation. All of my vacation planning services are 100% FREE and can help save you both time and money.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!
One thought on “Disney World Refurbishment Schedule for August 2016”
Wait wait wait… Thunder Mountain is closed that long? Are they adding more tracks or something?
Comments are closed.