The following is a comprehensive list of attractions, resorts and restaurants at Walt Disney World Resort that are currently undergoing refurbishment during the month of May 2017 or will be during the months ahead:
- Hall of Presidents: Closed through June 29, 2017
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel: Closed through May 18, 2017
- Monorail: The Walt Disney World® Resort Monorail System is undergoing refurbishment through June 30, 2017 and may be on modified service and/or routes. If Guests plan to use this form or transportation during their visit they should check to be sure of the best option available on their day of travel, as alternative transportation options will be available.
- Liberty Square Riverboat: Closing August 1 – 10, 2017
- Splash Mountain: August 28 – November 16, 2017
- Mission: SPACE: Closing June 5 – July 28, 2017
- Advanced Training Lab: Closing June 5 – July 28, 2017
- Animal Hospital and Veterinary Treatment Room located at Rafiki’s Planet Watch: Closed through mid June, 2017
- Portobello Country Italian Trattoria: Closing April 23 – Fall 2017
- Disney Quest: Closing permanently on July 3, 2017 to make room for The NBA Experience.
- Closed May 15 and 16 for planned maintenance. Will reopen to guests on May 17.
Golf Courses/Miniature Golf
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Room Refurbishments: Through May 7, 2018. During this time, Guests may see or hear work in progress and certain pathways may be unavailable. To minimize disruptions, an attempt will be made to limit all work until after 9:00am daily.
Caribbean Beach Resort
- Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post: Closing May 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. There will be a variety of dining options available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Centertown will serve breakfast and dinner and a selection of grab-and-go meals will be conveniently available for purchase in three island markets located in the Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique regions of the Resort. Additionally, in-room dining will remain available. Any work most likely to cause a noise impact will not begin until 9:00 a.m.
Yacht Club Resort
- Room Refurbishments: Began in January 2017. During this time, Guests may see or hear work in progress and certain pathways may be unavailable. To minimize any disruptions, an attempt will be made to limit work to 9:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m.
- Captain’s Grille: Closing May 15 – September 30, 2017. During refurbishments, the Captain’s Grille is relocating to the oceanic-themed Ariel’s.
Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center
- Expansion work: Through February 1, 2018. During this time, Guests may see or hear work in progress and certain pathways may be unavailable. To minimize any disruptions, an attempt will be made to limit work to 9:00 a.m – 9:00 p.m.
BoardWalk Inn & Villas
- Exterior Maintenance and Painting: Through May 2017. All work with the highest potential for noise will be limited between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Exterior Maintenance and Painting: Through July 27, 2017. All work will be limited until after 9:00am daily.
- Hard Goods Refurbishment: Through 2017. During this time, amenities including dining and merchandise locations, pools, La Vida Health Club with the spa and salon, and recreation activities such as beach volleyball, Iguana Arcade, Movies Under the Stars and more, will remain available. Please note that noise will be heard while our Resort is undergoing refurbishments, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms prior to 9:00am daily.
Wilderness Lodge & Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney Wilderness Lodge
- General Resort Refurbishments: Due to extensive refurbishment projects, Guests will very likely see and hear construction work in various areas throughout their stay. To minimize disruptions, work will be attempted to begin after 9:00 a.m.
- At this time, many popular areas will remained closed – including the Hidden Springs Pool (the leisure pool at Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge), marina, playground and more. In addition, certain pathways, like our nature trail, will be unavailable, and surrounding views may be altered.
- Cub’s Den (Children’s Activity Center): Unavailable through Summer 2017.
- Roaring Fork and Trout Pass Pool Bar: Through July 17, 2017. During this time the latest addition, Geyser Point Pool Bar & Grill will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Territory Lounge will also offer a continental-style breakfast featuring gourmet coffees, pastries and a yogurt parfait.
- Trout Bass Pool Bar: Closed through July 17, 2017.
- Until further notice: Due to dry conditions, there are currently fire restrictions throughout Central Florida. As a result, campfires at our Resort hotels will not take place as scheduled. Other recreation activities will continue to be held. Additionally, charcoal grills, where available, may not be utilized at this time. Propane grills will be permitted for use.
Interested in a magical Disney vacation? As an agent with MickeyTravels, LLC, I can help save you time and money planning your next Disney vacation. The best part is my services are always FREE! Contact me today at email@example.com or (229) 977-3373. Join me on Facebook for the latest Disney updates and tips.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!