The first month of the new year is almost over! If you are planning to visit Walt Disney World in February, you’ll want to know what attractions will be closed. Take a look at the closures and refurbishment schedule for February 2022.
- Walt Disney World Railroad – The Walt Disney World Railroad has been closed for a long time now due to construction on the new TRON attraction. There is still no set reopening date in sight for the railroad!
- Splash Mountain – The popular log flume ride has been closed for a couple of weeks and will reopen on February 10, 2022. This closure is for routine maintenance, not the ‘Princess and the Frog’ retheme that will eventually come.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – The ‘Wildest Ride in the Wilderness’ will close February 14 to 18 for a brief refurbishment.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Expedition Everest – The fan-favorite coaster is currently closed for a lengthy refurbishment. The attraction will reopen in mid-April.
- Souk-al-Magreb – This shop in the Morocco pavilion in World Showcase is currently closed but will reopen on February 6, 2022.
Disney’s Blizzard Beach closed earlier this month for its annual refurbishment. There is no exact reopening date for the water park yet.
- Flippin’ Fins Pool at Disney’s Art of Animation – This pool is currently closed through late February for refurbishment. Cozy Cone Pool will close for refurbishment in late February through mid-April 2022.
- Samawati Springs Pool at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas – Kidani Village – This pool is currently closed through April 2022.
Will you be visiting the Walt Disney World Resort in February?
For help with planning your next Disney vacation, contact me today! I am a travel agent with Destinations to Travel, a Disney Earmarked agency, and my services are complimentary!