Recently Disney World has asked some Cast Members to stay home after traveling outside of the country over Coronavirus fears according to WESH. A few Disney World workers who recently went on a trip to Italy were asked to stay at home due to coronavirus concerns.
There are no confirmed cases of coronavirus nor has anyone shown symptoms, the workers were asked as a precaution.
Fear has been growing over the number of coronavirus cases that have been popping up. You might remember last month when Disney shut down both Hong Kong and Shanghai Disneyland. Even Tokyo Disneyland has instituted precautions to prevent the spread of the virus:
Here is the post on the Tokyo Disneyland website:
Tokyo Disney Resort requests the cooperation of all our Guests in helping to prevent contagion and stop the spread of the new coronavirus by following the points below.
▪ Guests feeling unwell due to possible cold symptoms are requested to refrain from visiting the Parks.
▪ When using the restrooms in the Parks, please wash your hands and use the supplied hand sanitizer.
▪ If you feel unwell or your physical condition worsens while inside the Park, please contact the nearest Cast Member.
Starting January 28 Cast Members will be wearing face masks.
@chipandco or on Twitter @chipandcompany
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
- Disney suspends Cultural Representative Program and cancels Fall Advantage College Program - April 6, 2020
- Disney to furlough some Disney Theme Parks Cast Members Starting April 19th - April 2, 2020
- California man died from Coronavirus after traveling to Orlando and visiting Walt Disney World and Universal Studios Florida - March 19, 2020