“Why do you visit Disney World every summer?” “Aren’t you ready to go somewhere else for vacation?” “How many times have you been to Disney?” “How do you afford a Disney vacation EVERY summer?”
These are such common questions for repeat Disney travelers. At least I’ve heard them many times from family and friends. For many people, a trip to Walt Disney World Resort is a “rite of passage”, a check next to a bucket list of places to visit or a “must do” vacation. But then, there are many people, like us, who travel there at least once a year. So, why?
- It keeps our family moving the whole time. With active children, Disney is a great place to keep them moving and entertained for several days. Disney is a change of scenery, and something new is always waiting for your kids to explore.
- Plenty of attractions, shows, and entertainment for everyone’s tastes. With a wide range in ages and interests, there is bound to be something EVERY child or adult in your travel party will enjoy. We try to hit Fantasyland while our preschooler is still awake and happy, and save the rides she isn’t old enough for to be enjoyed while she’s sleeping. Star Tours is a “must do” for the ten year olds in our family–not always my favorite, but the boys enjoy it. Then, making sure the Main Street Electrical Parade is included in our itinerary makes the husband a happy Disney traveler.
- Anticipation is part of the fun! No matter what, something about a past Disney trip comes up at least once a day in our house. Whether it’s an answer to a Mad Libs question, watching a favorite Disney movie before bed, or a “would you rather” question at dinner, Disney is bound to be a topic somewhere. I love hearing the kids say, “Next time we go to Disney, can we…..?”
- Frequent Disney travel creates memories for EVERYONE in the family. Our kids remember even the smallest details from some of our past trips. Maybe they’re comparing a Main Street Bakery cinnamon roll to the one they’re eating for breakfast. Or, they’re reading through their Birnbaum’s Guide to Disney and remembering a particular attraction or resort…..no matter what, they make a connection to Disney through something almost every day.
- There’s always something new to try. Whether it’s being tall or brave enough to ride Soarin’, or enjoying a special meal at Le Cellier, there’s always something new to do at Disney. With the new Fantasyland and some new restaurants available, our family is VERY much looking forward to our next trip. Perhaps you want to visit at a different time of year, or try out Blizzard Beach. Since there is SO much to do at Walt Disney World, and it’s nearly impossible to hit it all in one trip, you’ve got something to look forward to on that “next visit”.
So, are you a frequent Disney traveler? What do you take for “granted” on your trips? Why do YOU visit multiple times?
Carrie writes here on Chip and Co and also on My Favorite Finds. There you can find the best organization,recipes, Disney travel tips, and crafts. Stop by and check out all of her great ways to find the joy in the everyday!
- When Less is More for Your Little Ones at Disney World (chipandco.com)
- Spending Christmas Day at Walt Disney World (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!