For the fifth year, Disney VoluntEARS had “fuh-un” at the annual Orange County CANstruction event, where they spent nearly six hours “can-structing” our favorite tow truck, Mater, from 5,700 cans of food donated by the Disneyland Resort.
The event, benefiting the Orange County Food Bank, takes place every September in conjunction with the Festival of Children at South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, Calif., where structures made entirely out of canned foods are put on display.
Disney VoluntEARS created Mater’s main structure from cans of kidney beans, and eyes and pupils from cans of mandarin oranges, evaporated milk, green beans and salmon. In total, more than 20 types of canned foods were used, and “dadgum,” the design won “Juror’s Favorite!”
Check out this time-lapse of Mater being “can-structed.”
- Disney Cruise Line Builds a Nautical Playground in One Day! (chipandco.com)
- Disney Cast Members Walk to Raise Money and Awareness (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- List of Holiday Kitchens at the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays - October 15, 2021
- Holiday Kitchen, Cookie Stroll, and more returning to EPCOT Festival of the Holidays - October 15, 2021
- Celebrity Narrators Return to Epcot’s Candlelight Processional - October 15, 2021