This week, Disney unveiled 55 of its character-themed gondolas for more test runs on the Skyliner system. This is a major step toward the grand opening of the Skyliner system coming this Fall.
The gondola designs are based on a number of Disney’s many films, as well as popular park attractions (Haunted Mansion!). They can currently be seen completing test runs between Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Disney began testing on the gondolas months ago, and will still have lots of testing to complete before the transportation system opens this fall. Once finished, guests will be able to travel to and from Caribbean Beach Resort, Pop Century, Art of Animation and the new Riviera Resort (opening December 2019). The Skyliner will have stops at both Hollywood Studios and Epcot’s International Gateway entrance.
The Skyliner system will have a total of 300 gondolas that can accommodate up to 10 guests in each cabin. You’ll be able to enjoy birds-eye views of the parks and resorts in the mere minutes the trip will take.
Take a look at the approximate travel times between various Disney Skyliner locations.
- Caribbean Beach Resort to Hollywood Studios – 6 minutes
- Caribbean Beach Resort to Art of Animation Resort or Pop Century Resort – 6 minutes
- Caribbean Beach Resort to Riviera Resort – 5 minutes
- Caribbean Beach Resort to Epcot’s International Gateway – 15 minutes
- Riviera Resort to Epcot’s International Gateway – 9 minutes
The gondolas also feature a cross ventilation system and reflective window coatings to keep the cabins cool in the hot Florida sun. Take a look at the unveiling of the cabins and see them in action above the Hollywood Studios skyline.
I can’t wait for the Skyliner to be fully operational this Fall! Will you use the Skyliner when staying or visiting one of the serviced resorts and parks?
Source: Disney Parks Blog
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? Receive a free, no-obligation quote from me, a Travel Agent that specializes in Disney Travel! As an agent with Key to the World Travel, the official travel partner for Chip and Company, I can plan everything from Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Universal Orlando, Sea World, and so much more! Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Get in touch via email at email@example.com, follow along with me on Facebook, or fill out and submit the form below.
- Minnie Vans And Lyft Are Celebrating 1 Million Guests Transported! - June 18, 2019
- Get Ready For The 16th Annual Festival Disney Competition - June 14, 2019
- You Can Now Get Married In Front Of The Tree Of Life - June 13, 2019