The Walt Disney World Resort is looking for a new Vice President of Disney Springs. The Disney Springs Vice President job opening was posted on May 9th. This comes after the announcement that the current Vice President, Keith Bradford, is stepping down at the end of the month.
To fill this position Disney is looking for a seasoned executive with significant retail and dining experience. The person chosen for this position must be able to define, drive and deliver the strategy for every aspect of the business as they work to deliver world class experiences to guests and at the same time achieve the financial goals set by the company.
The selected candidate will manage a staff of 11,000 Cast Members and report to the VP, Operations – Walt Disney World Resort.
Some of the responsibilities of this position, straight from the job posting are:
- Defines and develops business strategies for Disney Springs in alignment with Walt Disney World site operations
- Drive financial growth and operating income of Disney Springs by optimizing revenue, costs and resources
- Demonstrate agility – create new and better ways for the organization to be successful by driving property-wide innovation and optimization efforts while, at the same time delivering an exceptional Guest & Cast experience
- Identifies, develops and leads talent – effectively manages talent by nourishing, stretching and developing people to meet both their career aspirations and the organization’s goals
- Collaborate with the Commercialization team (Marketing and Sales) to drive strategies to increase attendance and guest spend
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership to develop and implement the overall development strategy for the Disney Springs
Qualifications for the position include:
- 5+years of executive level general management experience with P&L accountability
- Minimum of 5 years executive leadership experience in Retail, Dining and Entertainment Operations
- Exceptional leadership skills; ability to inspire others through an overarching vision and drives results by leveraging creative sensibilities, strong business acumen and strategic thinking
- Proven consumer knowledge and ability to deliver upon consumer-centric strategies designed to drive short and long term financial results.
- Strong business acumen with natural curiosity to understand the business
A Bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent, is required.
For a full list of responsibilities and qualifications you can find the full posting here.
Disney Springs is a themed retail, dining and entertainment center located within the Walt Disney World Resort. There are 4 ―The Landing, Marketplace, West Side and Town Center— that are built around bubbling springs. This one million square foot RD&E complex is home to an eclectic mix of over 100 unique shops, 57 food and beverage locations and 8 entertainment venues.
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.