The average guest visiting Disney can easily walk up to 10 miles a day! Don’t believe me? Snap on a pedometer and see how far you go in a day.
This amount of walking can bring on some uncomfortable problems – especially for those that are not used to walking this far (i.e – your kids!).
Here are some suggestions to keep your family comfortable and blister-free on your upcoming trip:
1. Wear old shoes. Comfortable old shoes, that is. A trip to Disney is NOT the time to break in new tennies, crocs, or sandals.
2. Do not wear flip flops. I don’t care how much of a beach bum you are…by the time you hit mile 2, those flip flops are going to be KILLING your feet.
3. Bring bandaids and moleskin in your backpack. Moleskin is a product you can buy at WalMart that is used by hikers, runners, and walkers everywhere. It is soft and cloth like on one side and adhesive on the other. It is useful for blisters that have not yet fully formed, are popping up, or have ripped open.
4. Pick a shoe with an arch and use athletic socks.
5. Give your feet a break every so often…heck, those benches are there for a reason!
6. Do not let this be the first time that crocs have been worn by you or your kids. Some people swear by them and can walk all day long in them. Make sure that you are one of those people! Mickey crocs are adorable and your kids will love them…just make sure you give them time to try them out before your trip.
In case of any sort of medical crisis, you can find refuge at any First Aid station in the parks. There is one in each and every park.
HAPPY FEET = HAPPY VACATION!!
Want more vacation tips like these on a weekly basis right to your inbox? Contact Cameron Fisher to book your Disney vacation! Her services are always 100% free and she has tons of tricks and tips to share. Cameron@destinationsinflorida.com
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!