Disney+ Original Series and Specials Premiering on Disney+ After November 12th. When Disney+ launches on November 12, subscribers will discover the best in entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more, alongside exclusive Disney+ Originals.
Disney+ will be the home to over 500 films over 7,000 episodes of various shows from Disney run channels such as ABC, Freeform, Disney Junior, and Disney Channel at the time of launch. So what comes after the Disney+ launch on November 12th? Several Disney+ Original Series have been announced for the new streaming service, but will be released over the course of several weeks.
Check out the schedule for the Original Series’ and Films coming to Disney+ in the first two weeks!
Tuesday, November 12:
- The Mandalorian, A Mandalorian bounty hunter tracks a target for a well-paying client.
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, “The Audition”, Ricky decides to audition for East High’s fall musical, “High School Musical,” in an effort to rekindle his relationship with his ex-girlfriend Nini.
- Encore!, “Annie”, Twenty-three years ago, classmates from California’s Santana High School performed the Broadway classic, “Annie.” Now, with help from Broadway professionals, the cast returns to reprise the roles of their youth. Annie, who shares the same name as her character in the show, spent years chasing her Broadway dream before returning to San Diego to raise a family. Jeremy, reprising his role as Daddy Warbucks, overcame cancer and is now a deputy sheriff. Jaimie, a former homecoming queen, plays Miss Hannigan and like her character, she is now surrounded by children, raising four daughters and teaching kindergarten. Joining them are castmates Jarron, Debbie, Shenny, Benaiah, Katie, Sarah, and their beloved drama teacher Patty Di Puma. They have all come together in Santee, CA to spend a week singing, learning dance moves, memorizing lines, and taking a trip down memory lane, as they reunite for an encore performance of “Annie.”
- Marvel’s Hero Project, “Sensational Jordan”, Inspired by her limb difference, Jordan has honed her skills as a designer, and an inventor. A tireless champion for inclusivity in the industrial design community, she is giving the next generation of kids the tools to build a more accessible world. In recognition of Jordan’s effort and dedication, she’s about to be initiated into an elite group of extraordinary kids, joining Marvel’s Hero Project.
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum, “Sneakers”, Jeff Goldblum sets out to investigate the multi-billion-dollar industry of SNEAKERS that’s transformed into an expansive phenomenon. His journey includes the basketball court, the country’s sneaker convention – Sneaker Con – and Adidas’ high-tech labs. Finally, he meets “The Shoe Surgeon” Dominic Ciambrone, who makes a customized sneaker fit for Jeff’s feet only.
- Forky Asks A Question, “What is money?”, Hamm attempts to give Forky a lesson on how the US monetary system works.
- SparkShorts: “Purl”, “Smash and Grab”, “Float”, “Kitbull”, “Loop”, “Wind”, Disney+ will be the exclusive home of “SparkShorts,” the Pixar Animation Studios short film series designed to discover new storytellers and explore new storytelling techniques from across the studio.
- The Imagineering Story, “Part 1: The Happiest Place on Earth”, Walt Disney gathers a group of artists and engineers for the purpose of building a dream into reality. These ‘Imagineers’ formulate a set of design principles that transport people from their everyday lives to lands of imagination. Never has there been a place with themed environments, faithful to a story. Walt Disney vows, unlike a film that gets finished, Disneyland will never be completed.
- Lady and the Tramp, In Disney+’s “Lady and the Tramp,” a timeless re-telling of the 1955 animated classic, a pampered house dog and a tough but lovable stray embark on an unexpected adventure and, despite their differences, grow closer and come to understand the value of home.
- Noelle, In Disney+’s holiday comedy “Noelle,” Kris Kringle’s daughter is full of Christmas spirit and holiday fun, but wishes she could do something “important” like her beloved brother Nick, who will take over for their father this Christmas. When Nick is about to crumble like a gingerbread cookie from all the pressure, Noelle suggests he take a break and get away…but when he doesn’t return, Noelle must find her brother and bring him back in time to save Christmas.
Friday, November 15:
- The Mandalorian, Target in-hand, The Mandalorian must now contend with scavengers.
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, “The Audition”, E.J. is jealous and reeling after losing the leading role of “Troy” to Ricky, and Miss Jenn tells the conflicted leading lady, Nini, to “trust the process.”
- Encore!, “Beauty and the Beast”, Twelve years after classmates from Saginaw High School in Ft. Worth, Texas performed the classic Disney musical “Beauty and the Beast,” the cast returns to reprise the roles of their youth with the help of Broadway professionals. We will meet Zane, who played the Beast and is now a father living in Colorado; Brittany, who played Mrs. Potts and now lives in Los Angeles pursuing an acting career; and Desiree, the choir kid who surprised everyone when she landed the musical’s leading role of Belle. The cast comes together to relearn complicated choreography and get reacquainted with the timeless music. Susan Egan, Belle from the original Broadway production, pays a visit and helps an apprehensive Desiree find her voice. Watch along as each member of the cast finds their way back into their roles for this encore performance of Disney’s beloved “Beauty and the Beast.”
- Marvel’s Hero Project, “Incredible Elijah”, Elijah’s extraordinary empathy is his superpower. Speaking out to prevent child abuse, he has galvanized children, adults, and those in public service to join him in his rallying cry to protect the most vulnerable members of society. Elijah is already a hero in his community, and now, in recognition of his commitment to helping children, Marvel is making him a Super Hero.
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum, “Ice Cream”, Jeff Goldblum takes his taste buds on a delectable trip within the world of ICE CREAM! He forages for ingredients in the wild and serves the treat from a van at the Las Vegas Rockabilly Festival. Jeff’s curiosity also introduces him to the legendary Ben & Jerry. He discovers a deep connection between humans and food and the power of nostalgia at an ice-cream social aboard a US Navy aircraft carrier.
- Forky Asks A Question, “What is a friend?”, Forky shares his thoughts on what makes a good friend based on his limited exposure to the insides of Bonnie’s house.
- The Imagineering Story, “Part 2: What Would Walt Do?”, Without Walt’s guidance, the development of Florida’s Walt Disney World is a risky endeavor, but Roy O. Disney fulfills his brother’s wish. A second generation of designers carry out the last of Walt’s ideas – EPCOT, where the Imagineers achieve a higher purpose beyond entertainment. Simultaneously, the first international park opens in Japan. No future plans threaten the survival of the company.
Friday, November 22:
- The Mandalorian, The battered Mandalorian returns to his client for reward.
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, “The Wonderstudies”, After “losing” her phone and missing an important rehearsal, Nini suspects who is responsible for her bout with bad luck and surprisingly retaliates. EJ confronts Ricky about a heartfelt voicemail left for Nini. Meanwhile, Mr. Mazzara becomes suspicious of Miss Jenn’s past.
- Encore!, “Sound of Music”, Twenty-seven years after students from Michigan’s Flint Central High School performed “The Sound of Music,” the cast returns to reprise the roles of their youth with the help of Broadway professionals. As they reconnect, these friends — some of whom haven’t been on a stage in a decade — wrestle with the past, struggle with the present and reconnect in ways that will alter their future.
- Marvel’s Hero Project, “Unstoppable Adonis”, When Adonis lost his eyesight at age 5, he didn’t lose his ambition to one day play professional football. Now, as a celebrated running back for his high school team, he has changed the way people see those who are visually impaired, on the field and off. Already a local hero, Adonis’s story is about to be broadcast to the world when Marvel makes him a Super Hero.
- The Imagineering Story, “Part 3”, Michael Eisner and Frank Wells save Imagineering and encourage widespread growth. They make Disney cool and relevant with teenagers. Every design project the Imagineers touch turns to gold. The crown jewel, Euro Disneyland, goes over budget and encounters resistance. Poor press coverage and cultural missteps cause low attendance. Humbled, management shies away from future Magic Kingdoms.
New and exciting things will be making their way to Disney+ over the coming weeks, and we can’t wait to get streaming on Tuesday!
Disney+ is set to launch in the United States, Canada, and the Netherlands on November 12, 2019, followed by a launch in Australia and New Zealand on November 19, 2019. A direct-to-consumer, ad-free experience featuring original feature films, documentaries, scripted and unscripted series, and short-form content, along with unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of films and television series, Disney+ will also be the exclusive streaming home for movies released by The Walt Disney Studios in 2019.
Which titles are you excited to stream? Have you ordered a Disney+ subscription? What parts of Disney+ would you like to learn more about? We would love to hear your thoughts in the comments.
Be sure to check back here at Chip and Company for all things Disney+!
Featured Photo Credit: Disney+
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Latest posts by Kaitlyn (see all)
- Disney Begins Production on “Live-Action” ‘Bambi’ - January 24, 2020
- This L.A. Mansion is Every Star Wars Fans Dream House - January 23, 2020
- Disney and Marvel Studios Begin Production for ‘Captain Marvel 2’ - January 23, 2020