Create Disney magic at home with a fun Disney craft- learn how to make pressed flower Minnie cards! We’ve shared many other recipes and DIYs with you to kick the quarantine boredom, so we hope you enjoy this one as well. Plus, these cards are the perfect Mother’s Day gift! Simply follow the directions below…
What You’ll Need:
- Small flowers and leaves
- Parchment paper
- 2 large books
- White cardstock
- Small paintbrush
- Decoupage glue
- Cut buds and blooms from the flowers you’ve gathered.
- Place them face down onto parchment paper. Fold the parchment paper and crease over the flowers. Place the parchment-encased flowers inside of a large book, then carefully close it.
- Leave the flowers in the book for at least 4-5 days. Place another heavy book on top to help press the flowers really well.
- Cut the cardstock to your preferred size, and fold in half to create a card.
- After 4-5 days, remove the flowers from the book and arrange them into a Minnie shape on the front of the card.
- One by one, add a small dab of decoupage glue onto the back of each flower and press it onto the card.
- Once all of the flowers have been glued down, apply a smooth coat of decoupage glue on top of the flowers to seal them in place.
- Finally, add 2 larger petals or flowers to create Minnie’s bow. Add a dab of decoupage glue to the bottom of each petal, and then apply the final coat to seal.
- Let dry completely before gifting.
We hope you enjoy crafting with a little bit of Disney magic at home!
Photo & craft idea source Disney Family.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!