Disney is hiring a Safety Associate for Walt Disney World. Disney Careers Facebook page posted a new job opening for Walt DIsney World. “Ready for your career to take flight on our #safety team? All it takes is faith, trust, pixie dust, and an application! Follow the second star to the right and explore opportunities today: http://di.sn/6184yibJj“
The link directs you to the Disney Careers application page. A Safety Associate position reports to the Safety Team Leader. This is an entry-level safety position and will require guidance. You can read the whole description below. Also, below, is the post directly from Disney Careers.
- Provide safety and health support to an assigned area and Line of Business
- Apply the safety and health programs, rules and policies.
- Assist Leaders to prevent injury, reduce risk and assure compliance by integrating actionable, sustainable, efficient and effective safety processes into their business.
- Assess Safety and Health performance through data review, incident history, and audits. Partner with Leaders to help guide the necessary behavioral or environmental changes, creatively, and cost-effectively.
- Help with Guest-related issues as requested by leadership. Partner with several departments to help target improvements and reduce risks.
- Inform Operations Leaders and Safety & Health Leadership of safety and health local, global and industry issues and safety best practices.
- Work to understand the business, its culture and its challenges. Look for opportunities to attend meetings, shadow leaders, and experience the work. Understand the daily challenges in producing “safe outcomes” for the Cast. Understand the internal processes that can be used to incorporate safety and health initiatives.
- Know the importance of and engage appropriate partners (i.e., FS&PH, domestic S&H operations/programs/auditing, WSA facilities/accessibility/communications/documentation/design assurance, A&FE, operations, LOB safety representatives) on troubleshooting, projects, plans, and goal-setting.
- Integrate appropriate safety and health messages into the existing communication vehicles.
- Conduct necessary technical assessments and analyses to support the daily operations.
- Provide daily Safety Management System (incident investigation) review/feedback
- Provide “Daily Incident Log” review/feedback
- Participate in area Leadership Staff Meetings
- Attend/co-chair safety committee meetings; ensure minutes are documented and follow up is occurring
- Conduct site walks with Area Leaders
- Conduct incident investigations
- Conduct Cast Member With Multiple Incident Interviews
- Conduct job safety analyses
- Conduct slip tests, light tests, noise surveys as-needed
- Partner with the Safety and Health Programs Team to conduct indoor air quality investigations
- Serve as the Safety & Health Duty Manager on a rotational basis.
- Review safety scorecard and author quarterly trend analysis
- Assist with OSHA complaints and inspections
- Some Professional Experience
- Zero or more years of demonstrated safety management experience in the entertainment/hospitality industry
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Walls come down in World Discovery Area at Epcot - November 26, 2021
- Mickey & Minnie Golden Christmas Tree Popcorn Bucket - November 26, 2021
- Celebrate the Holiday Season at Gideon’s Bakehouse - November 26, 2021