According to a report from The Orlando Sentinel, there has been a spike in tourists being caught carrying concealed firearms into Disney World in both 2020 & 2021 with most of the arrests occur at Disney Springs.
Here is the official word from Disney on Firearms on Disney World:
Guests are not permitted to have firearms, ammunition, knives or weapons of any kind at or in Disney Resort Hotels and Disney Vacation Club Resorts, including in hotel rooms, units, vacation home villas and general public areas within the hotels and resorts.
This includes Disney Springs…
According to the report, 20 people were arrested due to carrying firearms at Walt Disney World in 2020. So far in 2021, 14 people have already been arrested.
To read all about the many arrests over the past few years for those attempting to bring guns into Disney World just click the links below:
- Tourist brought AR-15 & 9mm handgun to Disney World over concerns with the Orlando protests
- Guests forget they had their handgun when trying to enter the Magic Kingdom
- Disney World Tourist blames 6-year-old son for leaving loaded gun outside Magic Kingdom
- Guest Apprehended trying to Bring Firearm into Disney’s Animal Kingdom
You can read more on the report from the Orlando Sentinel here.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Bob Chapek, Josh D’Amaro, DCappella, and more to attend Destination D23 2021 at Walt Disney World - July 26, 2021
- Disney World is hosting an online hiring event with $1,000 sign-on bonuses - July 26, 2021
- Orange County Florida has seen a huge spike in COVID cases leaders urge Face Masks to return - July 26, 2021