Disney announced yesterday that next month Buena Vista Street in Disney California Adventure will open select dining and shopping locations for guests. This will be an extension of the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort.
No rides will be open and guests will not need a park ticket in order to enter. According to a Disney spokesperson, the park has not yet scheduled an exact date for the reopening, just that it will be “sometime in November 2020.”
Guests will enter through a gate near the La Brea Bakery. The main gates of Disney California Adventure will remain closed.
Here’s what you can discover – be sure to put these places on your shopping and dining list:
- Holiday shopping? Head to Elias & Co. The store is divided into distinct sections for men, women, and children, so you’ll find something special for the entire family! At Julius Katz & Sons, peruse even more holiday merchandise and Disney-themed home décor. At Kingswell Camera Shop offers great gift-giving ideas like frames, photo albums and more. Buena Vista Street stores have a variety of your Disney favorites!
- If you are looking to tempt your taste buds with a snack, Trolley Treats offers classic candies, old-fashioned confections, and all kinds of freshly made treats. Vending carts will offer popcorn, churros, ice cream, and other “must-bite” treats.
- Swing by Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe for the enchanting sights and sounds of Buena Vista Street—and a cup of coffee or a delicious artisan sandwich.
- Sit-down dining options include Carthay Circle Lounge, where you can unwind in our expanded outdoor seating area featuring an all-new menu of cocktails and dining. Smokejumpers Grill is serving up tasty American classics for lunch and dinner with a streamlined menu of burgers, fries, onion rings, and craft beer, located just around the corner from Buena Vista Street. The primary way to place your order at this dining location is through mobile order on the Disneyland App.*
The Disney spokesperson also said there are no plans to reopen Main Street U.S.A. in Disneyland as of now. We were hoping that Disney might open select shopping and dining locations on Main Street as well.
Stay tuned for more information regarding the Disneyland Resort.
Photo Credit: Disney Parks Blog
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Disney Honored for Excellence in Supporting Veterans - January 13, 2022
- Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser is now completely sold out for March - January 13, 2022
- New Pre-Arrival MagicBands available on the Disney World website - January 13, 2022