Disney FamilyFun, a leading family magazine with more than 5.5 million devoted readers, announced its FamilyFun App for iPad is now available on the App Store, bringing readers fresh new content starting with free versions of the March and April 2011 issues. Starting in May, new issues will be available for download each month through In-App Purchase. Nissan will use this platform to introduce the all-new 2011 Nissan Quest.
Developed in conjunction with leading App developers Texterity and The Wonderfactory, FamilyFun for iPad delivers cutting-edge features and design in a feature-packed and engaging format. The App brings content to life through interactive slideshows, videos of recipes and family activities, 360-degree views of craft projects, bookmarking features, and social media sharing tools.
“Disney FamilyFun has always been a magazine about doing things and taking action, and the iPad is the perfect springboard for bringing these activities and ideas to life for families,” said Aparna Pande, general manager of Disney FamilyFun. “Through a collaboration with industry leaders Texterity and The Wonderfactory, we’re rolling out an innovative digital publication that has all the mom-friendly tools and engaging multimedia features one needs to make their way through a busy day.”
Recognizing the importance of the digital space for reaching moms, several brands have already signed on as advertisers in FamilyFun’s new mobile magazine App. Nissan, which is also focused on innovation for the family, is the official launch sponsor as part of a Disney Media integrated package. The all-new Nissan Quest features such innovations as one-touch sliding doors, quick release fold-flat 2nd and 3rd row seats, a permanent rear storage well, dual panel sliding moonroof and the Advanced Climate Control System.
Features of the FamilyFun App for iPad include:
- Videos – Watch a magic trick, craft, or recipe come to life;
- Slideshows – Browse through FamilyFun photo galleries with the swipe of a finger;
- Twitter & Facebook Sharing – Let your friends and followers know about your favorite recipe or editor-tested toy through social media or email;
- 360-Degree Views of Demos – Kitchen and craft creations become three-dimensional with wraparound views;
- Shopping Lists – From cupcake ingredients to the latest art supply, save, sort, and share featured items;
- Polls & Surveys – Find out what other FamilyFun readers think in real-time and share your thoughts;
- Bookmarks – Save your favorite chicken dish or rainy day activity with the tap of a finger;
- Rating & Commenting – Engage with the FamilyFun community by sharing your own tips and tricks.
The Disney FamilyFun App is available from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore. To learn more about FamilyFun, visit FamilyFun.com and Facebook.com/DisneyFamilyFun, or follow @FamilyFun on Twitter.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- List of Holiday Kitchens at the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays - October 15, 2021
- Holiday Kitchen, Cookie Stroll, and more returning to EPCOT Festival of the Holidays - October 15, 2021
- Celebrity Narrators Return to Epcot’s Candlelight Processional - October 15, 2021