Disney and Dole have teamed up to celebrate “National Eat More Fruits and Vegetables Day!” May 25th marks the national holiday that encourages us to live healthier by consuming more fruits and veggies.
Disney and Dole are helping parents encourage their families to make healthier food and lifestyle choices through “Fuel Up with Dole.” This celebration will continue throughout the summer, with healthy family vacations and road trips. “Fuel Up with Dole” will feature a summer photo contest, with the Grand Prize of a personalized, 10-day healthy family RV road trip to any destination in the U.S. or Canada..
“Fuel Up with Dole” is the next chapter in a multiyear collaboration between the Dole Food Company and The Walt Disney Company aimed at helping parents encourage their kids and families to make healthier food and lifestyle choices. To start the “Fuel Up with Dole” program, Dole created five (5) new, family vacation-friendly recipes inspired by Disney●Pixar’s Cars 3, cruising into theaters June 16:
- “Lightning Berry Smoothie” inspired by Lightning McQueen, the Piston-Cup champion who’s faced with a new and faster generation of racers.
- “Pineapple Pit Stop Smoothie” inspired by Cruz Rameriz, the tech-savvy trainer who wants to help #95 find his way back to the top.
- “Crunchy Banana Roll” inspired by Jackson Storm, who is fast, sleek, ready to win and a frontrunner in the next generation of racers.
- “Buffalo Bites with Pineapple and Chicken” inspired by Smokey, the former crew chief and mentor of the Fabulous Hudson Hornet.
- “Romaine Mandarin Oranges and Avocado Salad” inspired by Miss Fritter, who loves the smash-and-crash life of demolition derby.
I tried the Pineapple Pit Stop Smoothie with my son, while at the Cars 3 Road to the Races Tour. I was pleasantly surprised with how refreshing it was, and very happy when my picky 5-year-old requested we stop at the grocery store to buy the ingredients to make our own at home!
Starting this week, shoppers throughout the U.S. and Canada will find Cars 3 characters on DOLE fruit and vegetables, kicking off the summer photo contest.
Along with the RV road trip, Dole is throwing in two “Fuel Up Day Packs” consisting of a Fast Forward Cars backpack filled with vouchers for free DOLE fruits and vegetables, and other healthy surprises; and a copy of Dole-opoly, Dole’s own version of Hasboro’s MONOPOLY.
Ten First and Second Prize winners, each, will receive “Fuel Up Day Packs” and four-packs of movie tickets, respectively.
For recipes and more information about “Fuel Up with Dole” and complete contest details and rules, go to www.dole.com/Disney
Does all this talk about Disney and Dole have you craving a Dole Whip? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels, LLC, I can save you money and time planning your MAGICAL vacation! My planning services are always 100% FREE! Contact me today for your FREE, no obligation quote, shannon@ or follow me on Facebook for the latest Disney updates, deals, and travel tips!