Some of my greatest memories are of trips and times spent in Walt Disney World with my mom and dad – and we all love getting and giving gifts that remind us of those trips to the Happiest Place On Earth! And since Mother’s Day is just around the corner (May 11th to be exact!), I figured it would be the perfect time to make something special for my mom – something DISNEY DIY-esque, of course! Here are some great DIY Disney Mother’s Day ideas:
Minnie’s Mother’s Day Bookmark
Make your Mom a cute and practical bookmark that she will love to use!
–Minnie’s Mother’s Day Bookmark Template
-Cardstock or heavyweight craft paper (black, white, and red)
-Paper hole punch
-Red ribbon or cord
-2 black beads
1. Print the template and use the pieces to cut out the shapes from the specified colors of cardstock
2. Glue the white bookmark front atop the black back, centering it in place
3. Glue a red letter M atop each of the black M’s. Then punch a series of random holes in each of the double-layer letters
4. Glue the M’s and the Minnie Mouse head atop the bookmark, arranging them to spell the word MOM. The white cardstock will show through the holes in the letters to create Minnie’s signature polka-dots
5. Punch a hole in the top of the bookmark, and thread a piece of red ribbon or cord through the hole. Slip a bead onto each ribbon end and tie a knot below it to keep it from sliding off
Check out more Mother’s Day Craft Ideas Here
Ok, so you’ve made your mom something adorable, now how about baking her something delicious to go along with it? My mom (like many of you, I’m sure!) is a HUGE fan of PEANUT BUTTER – and everyone knows that peanut butter goes amazingly well with chocolate, so when I saw this recipe for the Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwiches served at the Main Street Confectionary (and other places around the World!), I knew that it would be the perfect thing to surprise my mom with this Mother’s Day:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwiches
1. 14-16 ounces high-quality milk chocolate (or 60% dark chocolate)
2. 2 tablespoons butter flavored shortening, melted
3. 6 graham crackers, halved
4. 1 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
5. 4 ounces cream cheese
6. 1/2 cup sugar
7. 2 tablespoons butter, melted
-Slowly melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave in increments of 30 seconds.
-Be very sure, especially if using the milk chocolate, that no moisture gets into the chocolate.
-Add melted shortening and stir.
-Dip the graham crackers into the melted chocolate and place on wax paper.
-Place in fridge or freezer to allow to set.
-In a bowl, combine peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar, and melted butter and beat until all ingredients are completely combined.
-Allow to sit in a refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
-Remove graham crackers from fridge along with peanut butter mixture.
-Top graham crackers with peanut butter, about 3/4 inch high, and patted into a flat, square shape (matching the graham cracker).
-Return to fridge for about 10 minutes.
-Re-melt the chocolate.
-Remove peanut butter sandwiches from fridge and dip into the melted chocolate, being sure to cover all exposed areas of peanut butter.
-Return to waxed paper and refrigerate several hours or until firm.
-Either store in covered containers in the fridge or wrap individually with waxed paper and freeze.
There may be a lot of steps to these but they are DEFINITELY WORTH IT – and your mom will love that you went to all that trouble for her (trust me!)
Stay tuned right here on Chip and Co for more Disney DIY, Recipes, and much, much more!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!