The answer to that question is quite simple – a resounding and uncompromising IT DEPENDS! Your choice depends on a lot of factors and varies from family to family:
- Do you eat a lot of sit down meals?
- Are you “fast food” comfortable? – There are a lot of excellent Counter Service restaurants at Walt Disney World.
- Do you like “fine dining”?
- Are the kids burger and fries fans?
- How flexible is your budget?
- Do you like a cocktail or wine with your meals?
It seems like considering all of these questions would complicate things but it can actually help make the decision for you. There are many options you can choose from but there are also some things to be aware of. Disney considers anyone 10 years old or older to be an adult on the dining plans and everyone staying in your room, 3 years old and older, must be on the same dining plan. Here are options you can choose from along with links to Disney’s sites:
- The 2012 Dining Plans are :
- 2012 Magic Your Way Package Plus Quick-Service Dining
- 2012 Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining
- 2012 Magic Your Way Package Plus Deluxe Dining
- 2012 Magic Your Way Premium Package (includes dining)
- 2012 Magic Your Way Platinum Package (includes dining)
- For those of you who enjoy wine with your meals there is an add on option for the basic and deluxe plans called the Wine and Dine Plan. The daily price of the Quick Service Plan is $34.99 per adult and $11.99 per child ages 3-9 and go up from there. Here is an overview of the Disney Dining Plans along with the associated policies. There may or not be one that works for you but at least now you have all of the information in one place.
- Paying Out Of Pocket – Surprisingly, this can be more economical that the dining plans depending on your family’s dining patterns. Nobody is tied to anything and all of the choices are yours. This can be especially helpful if you have kids in the 3-4 year old range who don’t eat very much and often eat off of Mom or Dad’s plate (Disney is pretty flexible on this practice). At that age they must be on the same dining plan (if you choose that route) as Mom and Dad and often will not eat that much food.
- Tables In Wonderland – This is the option we almost always choose. In order to be a Tables In Wonderland (TIW) member you have to purchase at least one Annual Passport (AP) which limits you to a “room only” reservation and separate purchase of park tickets. Fear not though, it generally doesn’t cost more for your tickets (except for the AP) than if you purchased a package and AP holders are generally able to get significant room price discounts subject to them being offered (almost always except for peak periods) and somewhat limited availability. Tables In Wonderland discounts combined with AP discounts can be huge. At most table service restaurants, the TIW card entitles you to a 20% discount on your check for up to ten people on the same ticket including alcohol purchases. If you are a sit down type family your savings can be enormous!! A TIW membership costs $75 with an Annual Passport (it is available to Florida residents without an AP for $100). Soon DVC Members will be able to Purchase Tables in Wonderland Cards, which is great news!
It will pay for you to do the research and figure out exactly which options are most suitable for your group. Take a little time and use the internet to get the best deal for yourselves. As always, enjoy your visit to Walt Disney World!!
- Top 5 Ways to Have a Carefree Disney Vacation (chipandco.com)
- Top 5 Ways to Save Money on a Disney Vacation (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!