The Disney Dining Plans can be a great deal and save you a lot of money when it comes time to chow down on all of the delicious foods at the Walt Disney World Resort – especially if you are able to book using a promotion for free or reduced-priced dining.
The standard dining plan includes one quick service meal, one table service meal and one snack per person per day (plus a refillable mug that can be used at any resort). My husband always worries that he won’t have enough food and will be STARVING during the day, mainly on days we start out with a character breakfast and plan on a quick service dinner later that evening.
With that in mind, I have hunted down the “heartiest” snacks on the Disney Dining Plan. These snacks are sure to give you that extra boost of energy and keep you full until your next meal!
1. Chicken Fried Rice at Yak and Yeti Local Food Cafes (Animal Kingdom – Asia): This is probably number one on my list for most filling snacks at WDW. It is really delicious and just filling enough to get us from breakfast to dinner without leaving us too full to enjoy the faster rides at the park.
2. Croissant Jambon Fromage at Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles (Epcot World Showcase – France): Who doesn’t love a ham and cheese croissant sandwich? Ask them to warm it up just a bit to get the cheese all gooey and melted. Honestly, my mouth is watering just thinking about this yummy snack!
3. Curry Chicken Pockets at Joy of Tea (Epcot World Showcase – Japan): This snack comes with two pockets that have just the right curry flavor without being too spicy. And the “pocket” it’s wrapped in is the perfect light and flaky pastry topped with a few sesame seeds. If you’re really, REALLY hungry this might not be a big enough snack, but if you’ve just got to make a few more hours until dinner this is a great option.
4. Baked Potato or Baked Sweet Potato at Liberty Square Market (Magic Kingdom – Liberty Square): A baked potato with cheese and sour cream was my lunch of choice when I was younger so this is the perfect lunch substitute for me. The baked sweet potato can be topped with a cinnamon-sugar mix (or regular margarine if you prefer) and is a very nice-sized snack.
5. Chili Cheese Fries (or just plain Chili) at Pecos Bill’s Tall Tale Inn and Cafe (Magic Kingdom – Frontierland): Who doesn’t love Chili Cheese Fries?! This is the perfect, not-so-good for you snack that doubles as a small meal. Plus, the topping bar at Pecos Bill’s is amazing. Adding some jalapenos gives it the perfect kick! If you’re on the other side of the park, Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe (Magic Kingdom – Tomorrowland) also has Chili Cheese Fries as a snack option and a topping bar that includes sauteed onions, which I think are a fun addition to the fries.
6. Soup of the Day at Rosie’s All-American Cafe (Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Sunset Boulevard): Okay, so several places offer soup for a snack credit, including Cosmic Ray’s, Pecos Bills and Sunshine Seasons but this is probably the best use of a snack credit for a meal at the Studios. The soup can vary from day-to-day but the vegetable soup is a must try! It’s really hearty and a great mini-meal.
Now, we don’t use our snack credits for a meal every day. There are too many other amazing snacks at WDW that we don’t want to miss out on. But, we always like know where to go just in case hunger strikes before it’s time for dinner.
Do you have a favorite “snack” that you use as a meal? Share your picks in the comments below!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.