Fall is my favorite season of all – for many reasons, but I would have to say the reason that stands out the most is the FOOD! Apple and pumpkin everything, and hot soups, baked goods, mulled cider, what could be better? Oh wait, I know what could be better – if my fall treats reminded me of all my great Walt Disney World trips! So I got to wondering, what Disney Fall treats could I make at home that would fit in with my “I love everything Fall-related” theme? Well, here are a few that I found that would be perfect:
Disney has some amazing looking (and tasting!) caramel apples, and you can get them in tons of places around WDW – I like to grab mine at the Candy Cauldron in Downtown Disney or over at the Main Street Confectionary in the . If you don’t happen to be close to those spots currently, don’t worry – you can make your own!
1. 1 large stick about 8″ in length
2. 1 large firm tart green apple
3. 2 white marshmallows
4. caramels preferably vanilla — to be melted
5. dark chocolate — to be melted
6. vanilla icing
7. red sprinkles
8. 2 yellow jelly beans, preferably mini-sized
9. 1 large white paper cupcake liner
1. Insert stick firmly into the center of the apple.
2. Follow package directions for melting caramel.
3. Dip whole apple into melted caramel.
4. Let harden.
5. Attach two marshmallows to top of apple about 2″ apart using vanilla icing as cement.
6. Let set.
7. Follow package for melting dark chocolate.
8. Dip whole apple and marshmallows into chocolate.
9. Let harden firmly.
10. Cover bottom half of apple with white icing cement.
11. Apply red sprinkles immediately.
12. Attach two jellybeans to top of sprinkled surface vertical to space between marshmallows.
13. Place on cupcake liner.
Looking for an autumn beverage to go with your Mickey apples?
Or maybe some Lefous Brew (Served at Gaston’s Tavern In WDW’s Magic Kingdom)…hmm I wonder how this would be with fresh cider instead of apple juice – yum!
Try these at home and bring some Fall-themed Disney into your home. Inspired? Then check out more Disney Dining DIY here!
- Make Use Of Those Disney Park Maps With These Easy To Make Coasters! - January 20, 2020
- Disney World Character Meal Tips with Toddlers - March 22, 2017
- Tips for Traveling to Disney World with your WHOLE Family - March 14, 2017