The Disney Cruise Line Blog is reporting that the Bahamas is moving closer to allowing cruise ships to return. Yesterday Minister of Tourism & Aviation Dionisio D’Aguilar announced additional details of the recovery and reopening plan for The Islands of The Bahamas.
The Bahamas will enter Phase 3 of the Tourism Readiness & Recovery Plan on October 15. Phase 3 allows beaches and major hotels to reopen on all islands. Hotel guests will still need to abide by a 14-day VIP (Vacation in Place). During that 14-day period, guests will have access to all amenities, including hotel spas, gyms, bars and more. Attractions, excursions and tours will also reopen in Phase 3 but not until November 1.
The Bahamian government announced new entry requirements that went into effect September 1:
- Approved Bahamas Health Visa available at travel.gov.bs
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken no more than five (5) days prior to arrival
The only applicants who are not required to provide a COVID-19 test are:
Children under the age of ten (10)
Pilots and crew who remain overnight in The Bahamas.
- Mandatory 14-day Vacation-In-Place (VIP) Experience at a hotel, private club or rented accommodations (like Airbnb), as well as on a private boat.
After the islands safely move into Phase 3, The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation along with the Ministry of Health and other government agencies will recommend a date for moving into Phase 4. Phase 4 pertains to the reopening of vendors, select attractions, casinos, cruises and ferries.
We seem to keep getting closer and closer to cruise lines restarting operations and cruise destinations reopening! Stay tuned for more information.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Disney Cruise Line Reaches Agreement to test all Passengers and Crew when Sailing Resumes - September 22, 2020
- New dining options coming to the My Disney Experience app - September 21, 2020
- Kay Jewelers Expands Its Exclusive Disney Treasures Collection to All Stores - September 21, 2020