Do you love creating extra magic for your kiddos before heading to the Disney Parks? I know I do! The DIY t-shirts, fun backpacks, autograph books, and countdowns sure make it much more exciting! So, today I want to share with you some cute ideas for adding some fun to your Disney vacations!
- Create a Disney Countdown. If you search “Disney countdown” on Pinterest, you’ll find so many fabulous ideas! More than likely, you have the supplies already at home to make them. We’ve used paint samples, Disney themed stickers and paper, and ribbons. Big or small, you’re family will love seeing the numbers dwindle as you get closer to your departure day!
- DIY some Disney themed t-shirts. Tye-dye Disney shirts are a fun trend in the parks right now! Craft stores sell Disney character iron ons, as well as iron on letters so you could add your name or the year to your shirt. Also, pillowcase dresses are so cute and easy to make for the little girls. With Disney printed fabric, you’ll be all set! If you’re lucky enough to have a craft cutting machine, you can buy heat transfer vinyl, download some designs, and iron them on! Check out this cuteGlitter Minnie Mouse T-shirt.
- DIY Autograph and Passport Books. You can make a simple Disney autograph book with some fun paper, a hole punch, ribbon, and stickers. Do you visit World Showcase in EPCOT? If so, your kids will love collecting the stamps from the various countries in their own passport books. Using an inexpensive photo album with pocket sleeves will let you add photos from each country, or with each character, next to their stamp or autograph. What a fun memory!
- Disney themed accessories. Have you seen those cool bracelets made out of pressed pennies? If not, check out this one on Dollar Store Crafts. Pressing pennies is so much fun while at the Disney Parks, and this gives you something fun to do with them upon returning home. For your little princess, Disney Family has an easy tutorial and FREE downloads for making your own Princess Charm Bracelet. Or, if you are flying or driving to Disney, why not put all the stuff for the kids in these cute Disney Totes? A Disney Road Trip box can also be a way to store the goodies in the car, or even at your resort.
I hope you are inspired by these fun ideas! I love adding to the magic of our family trips with these simple and fun ideas. You can find more Disney craft ideas HERE. What are some of your favorite Disney-themed crafts? We’d love to know! Share them in the comments or on Facebook! Let’s get that Disney trip planned so you can create some fun for your family! Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or find me on Facebook. I’d love to help!
Latest posts by Carrie (see all)
- Disney Lingo – Do You Speak It? - January 15, 2015
- Around the Universe-Exciting New Happenings at Universal Orlando Resort - July 16, 2014
- 10 Reasons to Sail Disney Cruise Line on October 16th - July 15, 2014