Powered by an unparalleled slate of original programming for kids and families — notably newcomers “Good Luck Charlie,” and “Hannah Montana Forever” — and the No. 1 TV/Cable movie with “Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam,” Disney Channel recorded its most-watched year in the network’s history in Total Viewers and key kid targets.and family comedy “
Disney Channel was yet again the top choice for Tweens 9-14, a coveted demographic in which the network has ranked No. 1 in Prime for 10 consecutive years and No. 1 for 2 consecutive years, on a Total Day basis, as defined by Nielsen and the industry as a whole (6:00 a.m.-6:00 a.m.). Additionally, in Prime, Disney Channel ranked No. 1 for the 8th consecutive year among Kids 6-11, and has stood among the Top 2 cable networks in Total Viewers for 5 straight years.
Paul DeBenedittis, Senior Vice President, Programming, Disney Channels Worldwide, said: “2010 was an outstanding year for Disney Channel, with the Top 2 series in the kid and Tween demographics (‘Hannah Montana Forever’ and ‘Good Luck Charlie’), particularly strong performances of our three new series (‘Fish Hooks,’ ‘Good Luck Charlie’ and ‘ ’) and our Disney Channel Original Movie (‘Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam’) ranking as TV’s #1 movie among Tweens and cable TV’s #1 movie in Total Viewers. We end the year buoyed by our viewers’ longstanding appreciation of the programming we deliver and, as we enter a new year, we remain dedicated to introducing optimistic stories, positive characters and great music with themes that reflect kids lives.”
2010 Total Day and Prime
- In Total Day, 2010 ranked as Disney Channel’s most-watched year in the network’s history among Total Viewers (1.72 million), Kids 6-11 (623,000) and Tweens 9-14 (533,000).
- Disney Channel was TV’s No. 1 network for the 2nd consecutive year in Total Day among Tweens 9-14 (533,000/2.2 rating), and for the 3rd time in the previous 4 years in the key demo.
- Among its target demos, Disney Channel stood as TV’s No. 1 network in Prime for the 8th consecutive year in Kids 6-11 (1.06 million/4.3 rating; 2003-2010) and for the 10th straight year in Tweens 9-14 (878,000/3.6 rating; 2001-2010).
- Disney Channel ranked as cable’s No. 2 network in Prime among Total Viewers (2.58 million), marking the 5th consecutive year the network has ranked among the Top 2 cable networks (2006 – 2010).
2010 Program Highlights
- The debut of Disney’s “Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam” (9/3/10) was TV’s No. 1 movie among Tweens 9-14 (3.59 million/14.7 rating) and cable’s No. 1 movie in Total Viewers (9.1 million).
- Impressively, 2010 marked the 9th consecutive year Disney Channel has delivered the No. 1 original movie telecast among Tweens 9-14.
- In Total Viewers, 2010 represented the 4th consecutive year that Disney Channel owned the year’s No. 1 cable TV movie: 2010: “Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam” (9.1 million); 2009: “ The Movie” (13.5 million); 2008: “Camp Rock” (10.1 million); 2007: “High School Musical 2” (18.6 million).
- Notably, 4Q10’s No. 1 TV series in key kids through its first 8 telecasts, “Shake It Up” holds a huge margin over the first 8 episodes of “iCarly,” beating the series by 36% in Total Viewers (4.14 million vs. 3.04 million), by 35% in Kids 6-11 (1.80 million vs. 1.33 million) and by 39% among Tweens 9-14 (1.74 million vs. 1.25 million).
- For the 3rd consecutive year, “Phineas and Ferb” was TV’s No. 1 animated series among Tweens 9-14 (1.09 million/4.5 rating).
- In Tweens 9-14, Disney Channel owned TV’s Top 2 series, and 5 of TV’s Top 6 scripted series overall
- In Kids 6-11, Disney Channel held TV’s Top 2 series, and 4 of the Top 5 overall
- Netflix and Disney-ABC Television Group Announce Deal to Stream Shows (chipandco.com)
- Disney Channel Greenlights Live-Action Comedy Series “A.N.T. Farm” (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort Entrance makeover is complete - September 12, 2021
- 50th Anniversary Banners starting to show up at Disney World Resorts - September 11, 2021
- New After Hours Christmas Party called Merriest Nites coming to Disneyland - September 10, 2021