As a Travel Agent, one of the most popular questions I receive is, “When are rates the least expensive for Disney Cruise Line.” For that question, I have two answers:
- When rates are first released by Disney
- When Disney releases “Staterooms with Restrictions” for a sailing a few months prior to a cruise’s scheduled sailing date. These are also known as IGT, OVT, and VGT staterooms
Let’s take a closer look at these “Staterooms with Restrictions” as I have seen a few available recently which means you can save big on your cruise for this Spring!
Staterooms with restrictions are available in three categories. They are listed as acronyms which mean:
- IGT is Inside Stateroom Guarantee
- OGT is Oceanview Stateroom Guarantee
- VGT is Stateroom with Verandah Guarantee
Those acronyms mean you are guaranteed a stateroom in one of those three categories. However, there are restrictions that come along with these discounted staterooms. The highlights of the restrictions are:
- New bookings only. Existing reservations cannot be modified to these new categories.
- Disney Cruise Line will assign your specific stateroom at a later time, based on remaining availability.
- Specific stateroom requests will not be accommodated.
- Full payment is required at the time of booking for all Guests and is non-refundable.
- The stateroom offer cannot be combined with any other discounted or promotional offer.
If you are a family looking for an exact stateroom in a certain location on the ship, these staterooms might not be for you as your stateroom is not usually assigned until a few days prior to your sail date. Full payment is due at the time of booking but since these staterooms are offered at the last minute, full payment would be due anyways per Disney guidelines.
Also, as I mentioned first, rates are historically the least expensive when they are first released by Disney. If you are looking to Cruise Summer 2019, you are also in luck as rates and itineraires for these sailings were just announced within the past few weeks.
Another way to save: Are you a Florida resident or military member? Disney offers discounted rates periodically throughout the year with your Florida or Military ID!
Ready to start planning your Disney Cruise or would like more information on these special rates? CLICK HERE , fill out the form below, or send an email for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. I offer ONBOARD CREDITS for all my cruise clients so you will be saving even more and my services are 100% FREE!
As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I work with all Disney Destinations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.954.401.9577, via email at MickeyTravelsHolly@gmail.com, or follow along on Facebook.
Image Credit: Disney
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.