It’s time to cook up the magic at home with this Naan Bread with Cucumber Raita recipe!
Naan Bread is a must have during your visit to Sanaa located at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village, and if you haven’t been there, we highly recommend to add it to your list for next visit, you won’t regret it.
The restaurant offers African cooking with Indian flavors like slow-cooked meats, salads, and plant-based dishes, plus you get a magnificent view of the Sunset Savanna located at the resort! It’s truly a magical experience.
Related – Sanaa Offering new Fast-Casual Breakfast
In the meantime, you can recreate this popular appetizer at home with this recipe Sanaa chefs shared! They even included a cucumber raita that you will love:
NAAN BREAD WITH CUCUMBER RAITA
- 3 2/3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp of coarse salt
- 1/2 tbsp of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2/3 cup of warm water
- 1 tbsp of canola oil
- 4 tbsp of butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups of Greek style plain yogurt
- 1 cup of cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced into small pieces
- 1/2 small jalapeno pepper, seeds and stem removed, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, toasted and freshly ground
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of coarse salt
For the naan bread
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking soda in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; stir to combine.
- Combine milk, water and oil in a medium bowl; whisk to combine.
- With mixer running, pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. As soon as mixture comes together, switch attachment to a dough hook and mix until dough is smooth and no longer sticky. Do not over-mix.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Place a pizza stone on a top rack of oven, positioned approximately 6 inches below the broiler. Preheat oven to 500F for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide dough evenly into 5 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into an 8 inch circle.
- Turn oven to broil. Carefully slide one circle of dough onto the preheated pizza stone, and broil until bread is bubbled and golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Watch carefully, as the bread can burn very quickly. Repeat with remaining dough rounds.
- Brush the warm bread with melted butter and serve immediately.
For the cucumber raita
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl.
- Chill before serving.
Enjoy your Naan Bread with Cucumber Raita!
Credit: Disney Parks
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Delicious Pumpkin Milkshake From Disney’s Wilderness Lodge To Enjoy This Fall! - September 2, 2021
- Disney & Dole Honor Girl Scout Hawaii Winner For Her Courage And Kindness! - September 2, 2021
- Pumpkin Streusel Muffins From Disneyland You Can Make At Home! - August 31, 2021