We are screaming for these Mike Wazowski Dome Cakes!
Upgrade your box cake mix with extra eggs and milk to create a rich, decadent chocolate cake base with some delicious creamy white chocolate ganache on top and candy melts that bring this treat to life.
You can recreate these Mike Wazowski dome cakes at home by following this recipe from Tasty! It’s very easy and fun, take a look:
MIKE WAZOWSKI DOME CAKES
- Nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup of whole milk (240ml), room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (120ml)
- 2 1/2 cups of white chocolate chip (435g)
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tbsp of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 drops of green gel food coloring
For Decorating your Mike Wazowski Dome Cakes
- Buttercream frosting or canned vanilla frosting
- Blue gel food coloring
- Black gel food coloring
- Purple food coloring
- 12 white candy melts, divided
- Make the cake of your Mike Wazowski dome cakes by preheating the oven to 350F (180C). Spray a 6 cavity round silicone baking mold with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the chocolate cake mix, milk, eggs, egg yolk, and canola oil until smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared molds, filling about 2/3 of the way.
- Set the mold on a baking sheet, then bake about 14 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes, then release from the molds and let cool completely on a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet.
- Make the ganache by adding the white chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and butter to a large, microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 60-90 seconds, until melted and smooth. Add the green gel food coloring and stir to combine. Let the ganache cool until it starts to thicken slightly, around 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the ganache over the top of each cake. Let sit for 10 minutes at room temperature, then transfer to the freezer for 10 minutes, until hardened. Add the remaining green ganache to a piping bag fitted with a small tip.
- Add 1 cup of vanilla frosting to a medium bowl with a few drops of purple food coloring and stir together, then transfer to a piping bag fitted with a medium round tip. Add about 1/4 cup of frosting to 2 separate small bowls. Add a few drops of blue food coloring to a bowl and a few drops of black food coloring to the other and stir to combine. Transfer to piping bags fitted with small round tips.
- Cut 6 white candy melts in half.
- Set a cake on a small cake board. Pipe a bit of purple frosting onto the front of a cake and press on a whole white candy melt to adhere. Stick 2 halves of a candy melt into the top of the cake for ears.
- Pipe blue frosting onto the center of the whole white candy melt, then pipe a smaller dot of black frosting on top for the eye. Pipe green ganache over the eye for a unibrow.
- Pipe purple frosting around the bottom edge of the cake. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Enjoy your Mike Wazowski Dome Cakes!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Orange Bird Flip Recipe From Magic Kingdom Opening Day! - January 9, 2022
- Disney Springs Is Celebrating Health And Wellness This January - January 6, 2022
- Disney Parks Is Hiring Content Creators! - January 5, 2022