Today is national ice cream sandwich day! So of course we wanted to add a touch of magic to it with a Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich recipe!
This frozen treat has been a classic at Disney Parks around the world, and honestly we are not surprised, i mean is ice cream between two chocolate cookies plus is Mickey shaped!!
If you are missing this Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich and can’t wait until your next Disney vacation, no worries, we have a recipe so you can make it at home and feel the magic of Disney! Take a look at the recipe:
MICKEY ICE CREAM SANDWICH
- 1 1/2 cup of cake flour
- 3/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 14 tbsp of dairy-free margarine or shortening
- Mickey cookie cutter (if available)
- Place everything except the margarine into a food processor and pulse a few times to mix.
- Slice the margarine into the food processor bowl. Pulse about 8-10 times until the margarine is well blended and comes together into a ball.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Roll out to 1/4″ thickness and cut into shapes using your Mickey cookie cutter.
- Place the cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in the freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 350F while the cookies freeze.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. They should puff up, then flatten out. When they start smelling good, they’re probably ready.
- Let them rest on the baking sheet for a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack, they’re pretty fragile when hot.
- When cool, you can fill them with ice cream and freeze. Because the cookies are crisp, make sure the whole sandwich is well-frozen before eating, otherwise the ice cream slides out when you take a bite.
Credit: Speed Bump Kitchen
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Delicious Pumpkin Milkshake From Disney’s Wilderness Lodge To Enjoy This Fall! - September 2, 2021
- Disney & Dole Honor Girl Scout Hawaii Winner For Her Courage And Kindness! - September 2, 2021
- Pumpkin Streusel Muffins From Disneyland You Can Make At Home! - August 31, 2021