What’s this? Jack Skellington Sugar Cookies of course!
Treat yourself and your family with some delicious sugar cookies inspired in Jack from The Nightmare Before Christmas and start celebrating Halloween early! These cookies are super easy to make and fun to decorate plus super delicious.
Just follow this recipe Disney Parks Blog shared and start baking!:
JACK SKELLINGTON SUGAR COOKIES
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 3/4 cup of butter, softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 3 cups of confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 tsp of almond extract
- Black food coloring paste
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Combine butter and sugar in bowl of electric mixer and beat until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture in three parts. Once dough comes together, cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Using round cookie cutter or an overtuned cup, cut dough into circles about 3 1/4 inches in diameter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely before icing.
- Place egg whites in bowl of electric mixer, whisk until frothy. Add confectioners sugar a little at a time, until thick but still spreadable.
- Place 1/3 of icing in a separate bowl. Add black food coloring paste to reserved icing and stir until color is uniform.
- Decorate cooled cookies by covering with white icing and letting it dry (placing cookies in the refrigerator will speed up this process).
- Place black icing in pastry bag or a plastic resealable bag and cut off a tiny but of the corner to create a very small hole. Use black icing to draw eyes, nostrils, and stitched mouth on each cookie.
Credit: Disney Parks