The Hunt is on… Again!
Get ready to explore the World as D23 hosts the Great Disney Scavenger Hunt at the Walt Disney World Resort! Teams will take off across all four of the Resort’s signature theme parks in search of answers to some challenging — but fun! — questions. Think you know everything there is to know about Walt Disney World? This will be the ultimate test as you and your team race against the clock to gather as many points as possible. The top 10 teams will win fantastic prizes, including goodies and collectibles from our friends at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, Adventures by Disney, Walt Disney Records, the Walt Disney Collectors Society, Walt Disney Publishing and the Walt Disney Archives.
Because the resort is so big, we’ve made this hunt a two-day affair! Your team will have the chance to answer our quizzical queries inside the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Because we have a whole World to cover, the rules and registration will be different from the D23 hunt that took place at Disneyland last year. So please read all the rules below very carefully. Comfortable shoes and attire are recommended!
Once we’re done tallying the totals, we’ll announce the winners — and the top teams can collect their bounties! Think you’re up to the challenge? We can’t wait to find out!
If you wish to request sign language interpreting services for this event, please submit your request to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to the event date.
- Park admission for the Hunt is NOT included. Teams are responsible for their own entry into the parks. Special convention-rate tickets are available for purchase here.
- The Hunt will take place in all the Walt Disney World Resort theme parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- The person who registers his or her team for the Hunt will be considered by D23 to be the Team Leader.
- Only the Team Leader (purchaser) needs to be a D23 Member to receive the D23 Member team price.
- Upon registration, you will be asked for your Team Name (so think of it before you register!).
- Your Hunt confirmation will let you know at which park your team will start the hunt, so read it carefully. We will be launching the hunt at the same time at all four theme parks, so it is important you show up at the correct park.
- Day One of the hunt will begin at 10 a.m. You should show up to your assigned park with your entire team to check in.
- The Team Leader will be responsible for checking the team in. The entire team does not need to stand in line. However, the entire team must be present at the start of the Hunt in order to participate.
- Inside the registration packet will be credentials with your team number. ALL team members must wear their credentials at all times.
- At each park you will receive a booklet of questions. This booklet must be turned in completely intact when you exit that park to head to your next park. (For example, as you leave the Magic Kingdom, you must turn in your Magic Kingdom question book. If you forget to turn in your book, answers in that book will not count to your final score.)
- Every team will receive three hours in each park — except for Epcot, where teams will be allotted four hours — to complete as many questions as possible.
- Each team is responsible for their own travel to, from and between parks. All regularly operating Walt Disney World transportation will be available to you (busses, boats and, of course, monorails). If you choose to drive between parks then you will be responsible for any parking charges incurred. Resort hotel parking will not be available for Hunt participants (unless you’re staying at that resort).
- While registration begins at 10 a.m. on the first day, your hunt does not actually begin until you have completed registration. Your start time will be marked on the cover of your question book. So, if you do not finish registering until 10:30 a.m., that will be your official start time, and you will have three complete hours starting at 10:30 a.m. (or four at Epcot) to hunt. So please do not worry if you do not begin hunting right at 10 a.m.
- After you have completed your first park, your team may then go to any other park you choose. (However, you must start the hunt at your assigned park.)
- While we recommend you only visit two parks per day, you may hit as many parks as you like either day.
- Your team has one shot at the questions at each park. Once you have turned in your question book for that park, it will not be returned to you.
- All question books must be turned in by 9 p.m. on Day One at their respective parks. Points will be deducted for late returns.
- Day Two will begin at 9 a.m. Your team may start at whichever park you choose.
- Day Two will end at 5 p.m. All question books must be turned in by 5 p.m. at their respective parks. Points will be deducted for late returns.
- Team members must be together at ALL times. (In the case of bathroom breaks, team members may wait outside the restroom.)
- No running at any point. Any team seen running by D23 Scavenger Hunt representatives or Walt Disney World Security may be disqualified.
- No cheating, obviously.
- No impeding the success of other teams (e.g., trying to cover or remove answers to clues).
- Teams must work on their own; Teams may not join forces with other teams to accomplish the hunt.
- No asking Disney cast members for help.
- D23 Scavenger Hunt representatives at the Resort may, at any time, check a team to make sure it has the appropriate number of members. Teams that do not remain together will be disqualified with no appeals.
- If there is a participant on a team who is not able to ride an attraction for heath/physical reasons, that team member may wait by the exit of the attraction for the rest of the team. The team member may not leave the attraction area or pursue other answers to clues without the rest of their team present.
- Any questions or issues will be decided by a panel of D23 judges at the Hunt. These decisions will be binding and final.
- All written answers must be legible. No points will be awarded if judges are not able to read the answer.
- All question books must be returned intact. Any teams turning in a ripped or torn book will be disqualified.
- Winners will be announced at 8:30 p.m. on Friday, May 13 inside the Fantasia Ballroom of Disney’s Contemporary Resort. The winning teams need not be present to claim their prizes.
- In the event of a tie, there will be a lightning round of Disney trivia questions between one representative from each of the tying teams. The round will be overseen by one of the D23 judges. All decisions are binding and final.
- Ready to Race at ‘D23’s Great Disney Scavenger Hunt: Walt Disney World’ (chipandco.com)