After Disney released new costume policies for the parks in 2015 there have been many questions surrounding the new policy including how costumes will work for runDisney events. New guidelines and rules have been released (runDisney.com has the full policy) that go into effect January 6, 2016, right in time for the Walt Disney World Marathon.
Here is an overview:
- Costumes must be family-friendly, not offensive or violent in any way.
- Guests dressing like Disney characters may not sign autographs and/or pose for pictures
- No weapons or anything that resembles a weapon is allowed
- Costumes may not contain any sharp or pointy objects, or be anything that could strike other guests
- For runDisney participants under 13 years old
- Costumes and some masks may be worn, but the mask cannot cover the whole face and eyes must be visible
- For runDisney participants 14 years and older
- Layered costumes, like Jedi robe, are not prohibited
- Costume props are not permitted including things like the Death Star/Up House that surrounds the body
- Costume may not touch the ground
- Waist-length capes are allowed
- Themed clothing is acceptable
- Accepted Accessories include: transparent wings, light sabers, toy swords, tutus. Headwear that does not cover the face is acceptable.
- No mask of any kind is accepted
These rules are only for the runDisney event. If participants 14 and older want to go into the park afterwards, they will need to bring a change of clothes as costumes are not allowed in the parks.
Whose running in the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend?
If you are interested in planning a Walt Disney World stay and would like to take advantage of FREE vacation planning services contact me at email@example.com or find me on facebook.
Preston Mack/Disney, photographer
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!