Continuing on the last article I wrote Christmas At Disney World: Seasonal Scavenger Hunt! Part 1 I pick up from one of the highlights and that is food! So without further ado let the Christmas at Disney World: Seasonal Scavenger Hunt continue…
7. Load up on cookies and cocoa
Who doesn’t like cookies and cocoa? I know I do! That is why I was so excited about the complementary treats offered during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Cozy up with yummy snacks!
- You can find these “free” snack stops in the special MVMCP park map or by looking for the huge glowing lanterns!
- You can select apple slices and apple juice if you wish!
8. See Santa (or even Goofy Santa) while you shop
Why not head out to shop, eat, and play at Downtown Disney? If you go during the holiday season then you should definitely check out the decorations, entertainment, and of course, Santa!
- You can visit “traditional Santa” through December 24th or “Goofy Santa” December 25-27th!
9. Eat a shingle????
Eat a shingle? No auto correct mistakes here! You read it right…shingles…I’m not talking about the roofing variety! I’m talking about the gingerbread variety! These edible building materials are specially made and available for sale at resorts like the Grand Floridian and the Contemporary!
- Check out the corresponding gingerbread creations at the resorts! They are larger than life, magical, and built with the mouse in mind!
10. Check out the Decorations at a Resort Other Than Your “Home” Resort
I love resort hopping! I love checking out resorts other than my “home” for the week while I am visiting Disney World. I like to get ideas for future trips, try out restaurants, and check out the offerings of the resort! Resort hopping at Christmas is extra special because of all the Christmas decor! So, if you have some down time, check out some resorts!
- Making ADRs at resort restaurants provides the perfect excuse to “hop”. I highly recommend Ohana’s in the Polynesian Resort! The food, entertainment, and view of an icy Cinderella Castle are AMAZING!
11. Get Merrier With Some Merchandise
It is true, money can’t buy you happiness, but it can get you pretty darn close! Get merry with the merchandise and take care of all your Christmas shopping! From ornaments to apparel, the parks have got the mouse covered!
- Take advantage of Disney’s package pick-up service (if you are staying on Disney property)! It is quick, free, easy, and it really helps to make sure that fragile merchandise makes it back to your room in one piece! Disney takes a nod from the big man in red and delivers your packages while you are playing in the parks!
12. Experience a white Christmas at Disney
I know you are probably thinking, “white Christmas…at Disney? In Florida?” Well, I am here to tell you that it is possible to see a white Christmas at Disney World. No one said it had to be actual snow, right? So…the next best thing is a SNOW MACHINE! Get your fair share of the “white stuff” throughout the parks!
- It snows on Main Street USA during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!
- Check out the snow at the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights!
I hope you’ll find time to do at least one of the items from this two-part scavenger hunt! I hope you’ll find the extra magic in the parks during the holiday season! Merry Christmas!!!!
As always, thank you for reading!
For more tips and ideas, check out my blog:!
See ya real soon!
- Snow And Fun For All At Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party! (chipandco.com)
- 2012 Disney on Wheels Holiday Giveaway! (disneyonwheelsblog.com)