One of the must have treats at Magic Kingdom Park is this delicious Cheshire Cat’s Tail for sure!
It’s sweet, colorful and goes perfectly with an iced coffee! You can usually find it at the Cheshire Cafe in Fantasyland but now you can recreate it at home so you can eat it whenever you want.
The recipe is easy and will become a favorite in your home for sure!
- 1 sheet of putt pastry dough
- 1/2 cup of chopped chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of pastry cream
- Pink and purple powdered sugar icing
- 1 1/4 cup of milk
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp of corn starch
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- Heat your milk and vanilla over medium heat.
- While that is warming, whisk your sugar and cornstarch together until fully combined.
- Add full egg and egg yolk to the mixture and combine.
- Slowly add a few tablespoons at a time of your hot milk (up to 1/4 cup) slowly while whisking consistently. When your 1/4 cup is incorporated, you can pour the remaining milk into the bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour mixture, while the liquid comes to a boil. It will go from very thin to thick quickly so you want to keep your eye on it. Once thick, continue to cook for a couple minutes more in order to remove any starch taste.
- Chill until ready to use.
- Mix powdered sugar and milk a tablespoon at a time. You want your icing to be thicket then you’d normally like it so it sets and doesn’t run off the pastry.
- Place icing in two separate bowls and color one purple and one pink.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and place parchment paper on your baking sheet.
- Take one sheet of puff pastry and roll out.
- Take 1/4 cup of your pastry cream and spread it over the pastry. You want this to be a very thin layer so the cream doesn’t run out of the pastry.
- Chop your chocolate chips and spread over the pastry.
- Fold pastry in half so the short ends are touching, and using a pizza cutter cut into five slices.
- Take one strip and while holding both ends with each hand twist once and lay on your baking sheet. Do this four more times.
- Bake for 20 minutes and let completely cool on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, using a pastry bag or spoon drizzle icing one color at a time over the pastries. Let set for 10 minutes.
Credit: Muggle on Main Street
- Princess Jasmine Finds A New Home At Epcot’s Morocco Pavilion! - July 7, 2021
- Try Le Gris Stuff A La Lumiere, It’s Delicious! - July 7, 2021
- These Rapunzel Golden Cheesecake Banana Bars Are Our New Dream! - July 6, 2021