If you visit Disneys Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, chances are youll notice Guests walking with their heads down admiring the floor. Its hard not to. The new Italian marble draws your eyes.
The floor incorporates Disney characters into its design. Were told that placement of the characters was carefully chosen, and each location has special significance to the characters story and personality. Here are the featured characters and their locations:
- Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald & Pluto are shown mostly in silhouette in an intricate pattern inside the main first-floor entrance, along with the circular logo. The exact same pattern is repeated on the second-floor landing opposite the Monorail Station.
- Mickey & Minnie (in silhouette) are part of a pattern outside the dining room of 1900 Park Fare.
- Mickey, Minnie, Goofy & Donald are part of a large circular pattern in the rotunda outside the Grand Floridian.
- Mrs. Potts & Chip (and a rose) are outside the Garden View Tea Room.
- Silhouettes of Cinderella and Prince Charming are at the foot of the Grand Staircase.
- Peter Pan and the Darling children (Wendy, John & Michael) are shown flying in silhouette inside the lobby entrance beneath the Grand Staircase.
- Tinker Bell (in silhouette) is part of a pattern opposite the lobbys twin elevators on the first and second floor.
Click the picture above to keep reading and for some more photos.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2021 Begins Tonight - September 3, 2021
- First look at the new Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure line of merch coming soon! - September 3, 2021
- First look at Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure and France Pavilion Expansion - September 3, 2021