Happy Star Wars Day everyone! Celebrate by making these adorable Wookie Cookie Cups with Blue Milk!
Cookies and milk is a little treat that everyone loves, so today we have for you a recipe inspired in Star Wars, great to have while having a movie marathon. Plus they are super easy to make, take a look at this recipe from Disney Eats:
WOOKIE COOKIE CUPS
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- Silicone mold
- 1 1/2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips
- Blue gel food coloring
- 1 cup of milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until fully incorporated and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla extract, and mix until batter in smooth. Then, add in the flour, baking soda, and salt, and mix on low speed until a dough forms. Mix in 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop dough and place it into the mold. Using a small spatula, spread the dough so it’s evenly distributed in the mold. Be careful not to leave any gaps, as that will make holes in the cookies.
- Add about a tablespoon of dough to the top of the mold to make the base of the cookie cup. This should fully cover the surface. Avoid filling it all the way to the top because the dough will rise while baking.
- Repeat and fill in the remaining molds.
- Place the mold onto a baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the tops turn a dark golden brown.
- Once the cookies are frozen, gently pop them out from the silicone molds.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips for the inside coating. Microwave at 30 second intervals until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Use the small spatula to coat the inside of the cookie cups with melted chocolate (make sure to coat evenly and try not to miss any spots to prevent the milk from leaking).
- Repeat the same steps to melt all of the white chocolate.
- Use leftover semisweet chocolate to draw on Chewbacca’s face and bandolier with a toothpick. Add details with the melted white chocolate. Freeze the cookie cups again until chocolate hardens (about 15 minutes).
- Make the blue milk by adding a few dabs of blue food coloring. Mix the milk until the desired blue color is achieved.
- Let the cookie cups set to room temperature before adding the milk.
- Drink the milk first before enjoying the cookie.
Enjoy and may the force be with you!
Credit: Disney Eats
- Red Nosed Zebra From Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar! - May 14, 2021
- Share A Delicious Winnie The Pooh Apple Pie With Your Family! - May 13, 2021
- Fried Pickles Recipe From Carnation Cafe! - May 12, 2021