Earth Day is April 22, 2017 but Disney Parks and Resorts are celebrating all month long. Special events and activities will take place throughout the month of April to motivate and inspire Guests to help protect the planet.
WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival – Meet Disney’s Animals, Science and Environment Cast and conservation specialists March 31-April 2, April 21-23 and April 28-30 as they discuss Disney’s conservation efforts to support butterflies, migratory birds, sea turtles and monkeys, as well as demonstrate some extraordinary ways they are accomplishing this work. Check festival info for details.
- Party for the Planet Presented by Disneynature – The annual Earth Day celebration at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park is expanding to three full days, April 21-23. Throughout the day, guests are encouraged to connect with nature by engaging in fun activities in every land of the park. Meet some of our animal care experts, educators and conservation specialists to see first-hand how Disney cares for animals and works to save endangered species worldwide. Also, be on the lookout for some specially themed treats and more!
- Environmentality Art Challenge – Disneyland Cast Members are putting the finishing touches on their submissions for the second annual Cast contest. Guests are invited to visit the Main Street Opera House in Disneyland park April 1-6 to vote for their favorites. Cast Members are using their creativity to repurpose glass, plastic, metal, paper and other recycled items found in their areas. Artwork will remain on display until April 13 in this location.
- Connect with Nature activities – Experience the benefits of spending time outdoors and discover ways your family can protect the magic of nature through fun games and activities April 15-21 within Redwood Creek Challenge Trail at Disney California Adventure park. Guests can also view the top-eight pieces from the Environmentailty Art Challenge, which will be on display at this location.
- Earth Day at Downtown Disney District – Guests can celebrate the magic of nature on Earth Day, April 22, at Downtown Disney District, where they can experience a variety of activities, learn more about the upcoming release of Disneynature Born in China and see a working beehive.
- Life on Earth – In April, guests will enjoy the Disney Illuminations pre-show with a special montage using images from Disneynature films projected onto Sleeping Beauty Castle.
SHANGHAI DISNEY RESORT
- Resorts’ Play Rooms – Throughout April, resort Recreation teams will lead guests in environmental activities at the children’s Play Rooms at Shanghai Disneyland Hotel and Toy Story Hotel.
- Environmentality activities – From April 20 to May 1, guests can celebrate Earth Day by taking part in interactive Environmentality activities at Shanghai Disneyland and DisneyTown.
How will you celebrate Earth Day month?
Photo Credit: Disney
Latest posts by Laura Bourget (see all)
- The Disney Castle by LEGO is the Specialty Toy of the Year - May 13, 2017
- Update on Disney’s Coronado Springs Expansion - April 2, 2017
- Reservations to DVC Moonlight Magic at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon are now Open to Members - March 31, 2017