According to Chef Brian Piasecki from California Grill at Contemporary Resort the California Grill will temporarily close on January 6, 2013 for refurbishment. Reports are saying it will only be closed for a few months and Disney plans on reopening the restaurant in Late summer 2013.
While closed they will be tweaking the menu, but they will still focus on a fresh, seasonal menu with top-of-the-line sushi. You can still look for creative flavors and techniques, and sophisticated cuisine.
We’re so excited about enhancements to the interactive kitchen – I hear they will be able to give a fresh spin to California Grill classics, and add some cutting-edge new selections to the menu.
- News! Temporary Closure in 2013 for Disney World’s California Grill (disneyfoodblog.com)
- Burger Inspiration at Walt Disney World Resort for Your July 4 Cookout (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- List of Holiday Kitchens at the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays - October 15, 2021
- Holiday Kitchen, Cookie Stroll, and more returning to EPCOT Festival of the Holidays - October 15, 2021
- Celebrity Narrators Return to Epcot’s Candlelight Processional - October 15, 2021