California is removing most of its COVID-19 restrictions starting June 15. Today, more details were released regarding what restrictions will be changed or removed. One of those is the mask mandate. Starting June 15, vaccinated individuals no longer need to wear masks in most locations.
California’s new guidance allows fully vaccinated individuals to go maskless both outdoors and indoors. Unvaccinated individuals, however, will still be required to wear masks indoors.
The guidance does not mention theme parks but does state that businesses can implement vaccination checks or continue to require face coverings. Masks are still required for everyone, regardless of vaccination status, in the following places:
- Any form of public transportation
- Hospitals and long-term care facilities
- Indoors at K-12 schools and childcare facilities
- Prisons and homeless shelters
- Indoor workplaces (unless all workers are vaccinated)
Theme parks are not listed on the guidelines but as of right now, no changes will be made to Disneyland’s face mask policy. The only thing changing for Disneyland on June 15 is the capacity limits will be lifted and the parks will be open to all guests, not just California residents.
Do you have a Disneyland trip planned? If not, contact me today to start planning your next vacation to the Happiest Place on Earth!
- Calfornia ending outdoor Face Mask Guidelines starting on June 15th - June 10, 2021
- Menu & Pricing released for ‘Ohana reopening this July - June 10, 2021
- Work begins on Fantasmic in Hollywood Studios! Will it reopen soon? - June 10, 2021