This has been an amazing summer for Disneyland. May 27th kicked everything off with the debut of Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!. We have been hearing comments on social media saying “Don’t Miss It!” “Jaw Dropping.” “Holy WOW.” “Absolutely breathtaking.” “Like Nothing I’ve Ever Seen Before.” “Amazing.” If you haven’t checked these new experiences out yet, you really need to!
At the Disneyland Resort, outrageous and irreverent characters from the “Guardians of the Galaxy” films, comics and animated series lead guests on a high-energy adventure in Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! The chaotic and hilarious adventure at Disney California Adventure Park combines breathtaking free-fall sensations with all-new visual and audio effects as guests help rescue the Guardians.
Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
- With its high-energy, surprising visuals and hilarious, thrill-a-minute action, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! has been an instant hit with Disney California Adventure guests. Mere weeks since its opening on May 27, the attraction has become the highest-rated thrill ride in all of the Disneyland Resort as guests immerse themselves in the chaotic world of The Collector, Rocket and the Guardians of the Galaxy.
- The new “I Am Groot” bread has become a favorite snack in the park and is selling out almost daily. Shaped like the face of Baby Groot – the popular “Guardians of the Galaxy” character – this sourdough bread has olives for eyes and is available in plain or a jalapeno-cheddar flavor. Along with being a delicious treat, the bread has become a selfie accessory. Guests are posing with the bread in photos across social media, declaring “I am Groot.”
- Guests at Disney California Adventure are traveling the galaxy in style with the latest trends on Terra (Earth). Hot-selling summer items include stylish, blue “Guardians of the Galaxy” baseball caps, Baby Groot plush and the tunes of Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Vol. 2! on vinyl. The cute, 9-inch Baby Groots are showing up on shoulders all over the theme park. These and more galactic treasures are sold at The Collector’s Warehouse, near Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
Also at Disneyland Resort
Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! and Summer of Heroes continue to lead exciting experiences throughout the Disneyland Resort this summer.
- Disneyland guests have a chance to be dazzled by the beloved and iconic “Main Street Electrical Parade,” with an extended run now through Aug. 20.
- The popular nighttime show “Fantasmic!” has re-opened with new scenes and a ship full of ghost pirates performing spectacular duels and falls. Projection mapping and three-dimensional video technology make “Fantasmic!” more spectacular than ever.
- The Disneyland Railroad, one of the park’s original attractions, returned July 29 with its iconic steam-powered locomotives for new adventures. The Disneyland Railroad now travels on a trestle that extends out into the Rivers of America, passing five stunning waterfalls. The Mark Twain Riverboat, Sailing Ship Columbia and Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes relaunched July 29, too, offering beautiful views of the new river scenes.
- Also in Disneyland, Star Wars and Disney fans will step into out-of-this-galaxy adventures at Star Wars Launch Bay, meeting some Star Wars characters and getting an up-close look at replica props and models from “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”
- Across both parks, guests will meet characters familiar and new – from Moana and Chewbacca to the stars of Summer of Heroes, including Groot, Captain America and Spider-Man. Groot makes his first appearance in a Disney park.
- At Disney California Adventure, “Disney Junior Dance Party!” creates a fun concert experience where adults and kids can sing and dance along to the music.
- Summer of Heroes continues through Sept. 10 at Disney California Adventure, with limited-time offerings that include interactive experiences and photo opportunities with some favorite Super Heroes.
- Guests will enjoy dishes and drinks that reflect the bold personalities of familiar Super Heroes.
With so many great experiences at Disneyland, which one are you most excited to try?
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? There are still fantastic 2017 Summer and Fall packages to be had. Click here or send an email for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.
Want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! And did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Source Credit: Disney
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!