This has been an amazing summer for Walt Disney World. May 27th kicked everything off with the opening of Pandora – The World of Avatar . We have been hearing comments on social media saying “Don’t Miss It!” “Jaw Dropping.” “Holy WOW.” “Absolutely breathtaking.” “Like Nothing I’ve Ever Seen Before.” “Amazing.” If you haven’t checked these new experiences out yet, you really need to!
At Pandora – The World of Avatar transports guests to a mystical world of bioluminescent rainforests and floating mountains. Inspired by the epic film AVATAR from director James Cameron, the all-new land at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park invites guests to soar in simulated flight on the wings of banshees and sail a sacred river leading to an unforgettable encounter with the Shaman of Songs.
Pandora – The World of Avatar
- Pet banshees fly off the shelves – Pet banshees found at the Windtraders merchandise location have become a certifiable craze, initially selling out within a month of Pandora’s grand opening. These banshees can perch on your shoulder, and their movements and sounds can be controlled by hand. While banshees have “flown” off the shelves, limited supplies have been reappearing in Windtraders with more on the way.
- A wall becomes an internet sensation – The moss wall in Pandora – The World of Avatar has taken the social media world by storm. Located just outside Windtraders, the wall has become a must-see for Disney fans who flock to it as a worthy selfie spot. It has prompted the creation of Instagram accounts and hashtags resulting in more than 9,700 posts and over 2,500 new “moss wall” followers. The first #mosswall tweets date to early May when Pandora was in previews and continue strong to this day.
- A specialty beverage gets “glowing” reviews – At Pongu Pongu refreshment station, the exotic Night Blossom is a huge hit with guests. This neon-colorful frozen creation is inspired by Pandora. It features layers of apple and pear flavors mixed with limeade and topped with passion fruit boba balls. More than 2,000 are served every day. The drink is especially popular after nightfall when it and all of Pandora take on a bioluminescent glo
Also at Walt Disney World Resort
The stunning world of Pandora headlines a full lineup of new attractions and experiences at Walt Disney World Resort.
- “Happily Ever After,” new for summer and the most breathtaking fireworks/projection show in the history of the Magic Kingdom Park, dazzles guests nightly in a spectacular journey filled with heart, humor and emotion.
- Beloved characters and soundtracks from Pixar Studios films take center stage in “The Music of Pixar Live! A Symphony of Characters.” Presented nightly through August 26, at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the live stage show features a full orchestra and special appearances by favorite Pixar characters.
- Projection mapping technology transforms the façade of the iconic Theater at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for “Disney Movie Magic,” a fast-paced celebration of classic films from the Disney family of studios. Showings nightly throughout the summer.
- Additional movie replicas from “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” welcome guests to Star Wars Launch Bay at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- A dazzling new after-dark show, Rivers of Light, treats Disney’s Animal Kingdom guests to a celebration of nature in an experience that features water, floats, projections, fire and light choreographed to an original musical score.
- A new family-friendly raft adventure, Miss Adventure Falls, turns up the water thrills at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park.
- Disney Springs rocks out with more new food and beverage locations to complete its transition from Downtown Disney.
With so many great experiences at Walt Disney World, which one are you most excited to try?
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? There are still fantastic 2017 Summer and Fall packages to be had. Click here or send an email for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.
Want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! And did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Source Credit : Disney