Black Panther Receives Historic Nomination. The fan-favorite film made history as the first ever comic book movie to be nominated for Best Picture by the Academy.
“It’s gratifying. The cultural impact the movie has had for almost a year now, all leads to this moment.” Kevin Feige, the films producer stated. He referred to that moment as “the highest form of recognition from our peers.”
Black Panther has received a total of 7 nominations for this years Academy Awards. The Oscar nominations are for:
- Sound Mixing –Steve Boeddeker, Brandon Proctor and Peter Devlin
- Sound Editing –Benjamin A. Burtt and Steve Boeddeker
- Original Score –Ludwig Goransson
- Original Song – “All The Stars”
- Music by: Mark Spears, Kendrick Lamar Duckworth and Anthony Tiffith; Lyric by: Kendrick Lamar Duckworth, Anthony Tiffith and Solana Rowe
- Costume Design – Ruth Carter
- Production Design -Production Design: Hannah Beachler; Set Decoration: Jay Hart
- Best Picture -Kevin Feige, Producer
The Ryan Coogler directed film earned more than $1.3 Billion, yes with a ‘B’, worldwide and has made waves as a positive culturally-based film that was well received by fans of the franchise.
Marvel fans can not wait to see the outcome of Avengers: Endgame in late April. Mainly to see what happens to our favorite superheroes, including T’Challa. After all, we do need a Black Panther sequel and fast!
CLICK HERE to see the full list of Disney Oscar Nominations.
No matter who wins it all at the Oscars, this is already a big win for the cast and crew of Black Panther. Congratulations to all the nominees, and we can not wait to see who brings it all home this year at the 2019 Academy Awards.
The Oscars will be broadcast on ABC starting at 8:00 P.M. EST/5:00 P.M. PST on Sunday, February 24, 2019.
Photo Credit: Marvel Studios
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.