For many guests, the benefit of staying at a Walt Disney World owned-and-operated resort begins before arrival at the Vacation Kingdom. And for all guests, the benefits and perks combine to make vacation magic 24 hours a day – whether at a Disney Value Resort designed for budget-minded vacationers … or at a Disney Deluxe Resort or Deluxe Villa offering lavish amenities.
Disney resort hotels are designed to provide a lot more than a pillow beneath guests’ heads. They are created to immerse guests in a continuation of the worry-free vacation magic and adventures of the Disney parks. Thus the hotels have themes celebrating the long ago or the far away or even the world of imagination where toys can be bigger than people.
Walt Disney World Resort offers a broad range of accommodations – 24 resorts that vary in price, allowing guests to pay for only the amenities that are important to them. Disney Value resort guests are treated to larger-than-life theming, swimming pools and playgrounds, arcade rooms and standard amenities – and with more than 8,000 rooms at four resorts, about one-third of Disney’s hotel accommodations fall into the Value category. Families who prefer the great outdoors can rent a campsite at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground (with nearly 800 available) and either pitch a tent or bring along an RV. Moderate resorts, Deluxe resorts and Deluxe Villa resorts are available for guests who prefer additional amenities during their stay.
Consistent among all 24 Disney owned-and-operated hotels is staff trained in the Disney way of friendly helpfulness. Also consistent: perks and benefits that add value to the vacation experience. Here’s a look at some of the reasons why Disney hotels are so popular with vacationers:
TOP FOUR BENEFITS
- Disney’s Magical Express – When guests bound for Disney owned-and-operated hotels are traveling via commercial airline to Orlando International Airport (OIA), they can arrange for special luggage tags that allow them to check their bags at their hometown airport, bypass baggage claim at OIA and board state-of-the-art motor coaches for complimentary transportation to the Vacation Kingdom, where their bags “magically” appear in their guestroom. When it’s time to say good-bye, guests board motor coaches for complimentary transportation back to OIA. An extra convenience: Guests traveling on participating airlines can check their baggage for the return flight at their Disney resort, saving time and luggage-toting at the airport.
- Walt Disney World Transportation System – A Walt Disney World resort ID is the ticket for buses, monorails and boat launches that combine to connect virtually all areas of the Vacation Kingdom. With the convenience of “door-to-door” service throughout the resort, many guests enjoy their Walt Disney World vacation without a car.
- Extra Magic Hours – Each day, Disney hotel guests are offered exclusive time in a Walt Disney World theme park one hour prior to scheduled park opening or for up to three hours after park closing. The park varies from day to day. In addition, Disney water parks sometimes open one hour early for guests of Disney hotels. To take advantage of the additional time in the parks, guests must have their hotel ID plus a Magic Your Way ticket valid for the park(s) offering Extra Magic Hours.
- Disney Dining Plan – Guests who combine their hotel accommodations and attractions tickets into a Magic Your Way Package are eligible to add dining for the convenience of a more-inclusive “cruise-style” vacation package. In 2010, there are three plan choices to satisfy different budgets and appetites. All include at least two meals and a snack for each night of a Disney resort stay. Savings and restaurant choices vary.
Photos from Flickr.com
- What’s your favorite Disney World Night Time show? (chipandco.com)
- Disney World Summer Discounts 2011 (pixievacations.com)