Channel your inner artist with this Pop’t Art recipe!
Have fun with your friends baking your own masterpiece with these Pop’t Arts. Inspired by the popular treat from Epcot International Festival of the Arts, these pop tarts will let you get creative and put your own touch to them.
D23 shared this easy recipe so you don’t have to wait until next year to enjoy this treat at the festival, so get your friends and family together and start baking!
POP’T ART RECIPE
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 egg white
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 6 tbsp of chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp of milk
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Food coloring
For Sugar Cookie
- Cream the sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until fluffy. Add egg white and beat for 1 minute.
- Slowly add sifted flour and salt and beat at medium speed until a soft dough forms.
- Cover bowl and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicone baking mat.
- Roll dough into a 1/4 inch thick rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut into six, 3×5 inch rectangled.
- Place cookies on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Spread 1 tbsp of chocolate-hazelnut spread on each cookie, leaving a border of about 1/8 inch around the edges of each cookie. Set aside.
- Whisk powdered sugar, 3 tbsp of the milk, and the vanilla extract in a pie plate until smooth. Add additional milk if the glaze is too thick.
- Set aside 2 tbsp of glaze in a small bowl.
- Dip each cookie, chocolate-hazelnut side down in the glaze to cover the chocolate.
- Set on a wire rack to dry.
- Mix remaining glaze with desired color or colors of food coloring. Use a fork to drizzle colored glaze on top of the cookies.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Orange Bird Flip Recipe From Magic Kingdom Opening Day! - January 9, 2022
- Disney Springs Is Celebrating Health And Wellness This January - January 6, 2022
- Disney Parks Is Hiring Content Creators! - January 5, 2022