You’ve spent months planning, saving, and counting down the days for your Disney Vacation. It promises to be a magical experience for your entire family; however, an illness can quickly rain on your Disney Parade. Here are some steps you can take on your next vacation to help make sure everyone stays healthy throughout your entire vacation.
- Vitamins* – If you don’t already take vitamins daily, be sure to start taking a multivitamin a few weeks prior to your departure date. Vitamin C is also another great vitamin to take as it can help improve your immune system.
- Get Enough Sleep – A Disney vacation is so much fun; it can be tempting to wake up early to arrive when the parks open and stay up late until after the parks close. However, on days when the parks have long hours, this doesn’t allow for much sleep. In order to get enough sleep, you may want to consider choosing either park opening or closing. My family closes the parks down each night of our vacation, but you will very rarely find us there at park opening. In order to get enough sleep we usually arrive an hour or two after park opening.
- Wash Your Hands – There are thousands of guests at the parks each day. With that many people, there are bound to be millions of germs covering many surfaces at the parks. In order to avoid illness, it is very important to wash your hands. Encourage children to wash hands with soap after trips to the restroom and prior to eating.
- Hydrate – Central Florida gets quite hot, especially during the summer months. Be sure to keep your body hydrated throughout the day. You can ask for a free cup of ice water at any Disney food service location.
- Antibacterial Gel – Sometimes, such as when you’re eating a Mickey bar while holding your parade spot, it might not be practical to find a restroom to wash your hands. Be sure to pack some antibacterial gel for these times.
- Antibacterial Wipes – Germs can be found on practically every surface you touch, including items in your hotel room and even your restaurant table. Antibacterial wipes are great for keeping these items clean and keeping you healthy.
- Allergy Medicine* – Many people, myself included, who visit Florida are allergic to the plants and trees which grow there. It can be a good idea to bring some allergy medicine with you on your vacation. Or if you’re prone to having allergy problems, like I am, you may want to consider taking your allergy medicine a few days prior to your vacation.
How do you avoid illness on your Disney vacation? We would love to hear your tips in the comments below!
*As always, be sure to consult your doctor before taking any vitamins or other medicines.