Did you know that the KA WA‘A lu‘au at Aulani Resort is more than just spectacular entertainment and a lavish Hawaiian feast? The fun actually begins right when you arrive! Every guest will receive a special lei when greeted by Aulani’s hosts and hostesses. Afterwards you are welcomed to explore the resort’s Halawai Lawn. Live music and performers entertain you as you explore the various traditional arts and crafts. You will be invited to both observe and also to join in on the fun!
Take a look at some of the amazing activities:
- Na Pua U‘i (The Pretty Flowers): You can learn the traditional art of stringing a flower lei to wear as a necklace or around your wrist.
- Pa‘i ‘Ai (Pounded Taro): You’ll enjoy a demonstration making pa’i ‘ai which involves the traditional mashing of cooked taro. Afterwards you can see if you have what it takes to do make poi the traditional way.
- Kapala (Printing): Create a unique souvenir by using ‘ohe kapala (intricately carved bamboo stamps) to decorate a card with traditional patterns of nature.
- Kakau (Tattooing): Try out a beautiful (temporary) kakau design tattoo that a local artisan will draw on your arms, legs or even face!
KA WA‘A lu‘au is offered on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday evenings at Aulani Resort.
Are you ready to experience the KA WA‘A lu‘au for yourself at Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa? Let one of our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners help you put together an amazing Hawaiian vacation. Click Here for your FREE no obligation quote!
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? There are still fantastic 2017 Summer and Fall packages to be had. Click here or send an email for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.
Want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! And did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Source Credit : Disney Parks Blog
Latest posts by Sarah Phillips (see all)
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Friends Returning To SeaWorld This Christmas - August 15, 2018
- New Annual Passholder Holiday Rates Released For Walt Disney World - August 14, 2018
- Two New Haagen-Dazs Milkshake Flavors At Disney Springs - August 14, 2018