The Harry Potter franchise has a new home!
Peacock Network, the NBCUniversal streaming service will have the rights to the 8 Harry Potter movies later this year once the contract with HBO Max is off on August 25.
“The Harry Potter franchise is beloved by people of all ages and represents the caliber of quality entertainment customers can expect to find on Peacock” mentioned Frances Manfredi, President of Content Acquisition and Strategy for Peacock. “We’ve built a world-class collection of iconic movies and shows, and we will continue to expand the film library with treasured titles from NBC Universal and beyond that will surprise and delight Peacock customers time and time again.”
So in October you will be able to enjoy:
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and 2
The movies will remain on Peacock for a month before moving to cable TV channels and then will return to the streaming service in 2021.
This deal comes after NBCUniversal got the rights of the franchise in 2016 for about $250 million. However, a last minute deal between Warner Bros and Universal allowed HBO Max to have the films for only 3 months back in May but now Universal is taking over the rights again.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Disney’s Warm Chocolate Cake Recipe From The Riviera Resort - September 28, 2020
- Publix Releasing Limited Edition Holiday Ice Cream Flavors! - September 26, 2020
- Enter The ShopDisney “Halloween Dance Party” Contest! - September 24, 2020