Celebrate International Burger Day with some delicious Winnie the Pooh Veggie Burgers!
Eating healthy can be a struggle sometimes, that’s why today we have a delicious and adorable recipe so you and your kids can enjoy a healthy meal at home with some extra magic.
You can even serve them with some carrot fries and your favorite dipping sauce, Pooh recommends using Heinz Ketchup sweetened with honey. Sounds delicious so we have to try it. So follow this recipe from Disney Family and enjoy a healthy and fun meal:
WINNIE THE POOH VEGGIE BURGERS
- 1 15oz can of white beans drained
- 1/3 cup of red bell peppers, finely diced
- 1/3 cup of carrots, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup of whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 3/4 tsp of onion powder
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp of black pepper
- Non-stick vegetable oil spray
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 12 whole wheat slider buns or dinner rolls, cut in half horizontally
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 9 tbsp of simply Heinz Ketchup or Heinz Ketchup sweetened with honey
- 4 large black olives
- 4 cups of store-bought carrot sticks
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- Food brush
- 1″ round cutter or small water bottle cap
- Kitchen scissors
For carrot fries
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Place the carrot sticks on a large baking sheet, then drizzle them with olive oil. Gently toss the sticks until they are coated with oil.
- Spread them out in 1 even layer. Bake them for 20-25 minutes until they’re golden brown.
- Sprinkle them with salt and pepper just before serving.
For the veggie patties
- Preheat ove to 375F.
- Place the drained beans in a mixing bowl, then use the back of a fork to roughly mash them.
- Add the red bell peppers, carrots, egg, breadcrumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Mix them all together until everything is just incorporated.
- Prep a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spray a 1/4 measuring cup with non-stick spray. Measure out 1/4 cup of the veggie patty mixture, place the scoops on the baking sheet.
- Repeat this process to make 8 scoops of veggie patty mix, placing each 2″ apart.
- Spray the bottom of the same measuring cup with non-stick spray. Flatten each scoop of patty mix to 3″ round. Then brush the tops of the patties with olive oil.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove them from the oven and set aside.
For Making Pooh’s features
- Use the extra 4 buns to create Pooh’s ears. For best results, us a flat, bottom side. Flatten them using a rolling pin, then cut out rounds using the 1″ cutter.
- Cut 2 slits on either side of your bun. Slide the ears in.
- Use a straw, knife, and/or scissors to cut the olives. Add a dab of simply Heinz ketchup, and attach them to the buns.
To assemble the sliders
- Place the bottom buns on a work surface, then top each with a lettuce leaf, a cooked veggie patty, and a dollop of ketchup.
- For an extra seal of approval from Winnie the Pooh, swap for Heinz Ketchup Sweetened with Honey, it has a delicious taste, but is made with real ingredients and naturally sweetened with only honey.
- Add the decorated top buns. Serve with fries on the side.
Credit: Disney Family
- You Can Order A Virgin Mai Tai Frappuccino At Starbucks! - June 16, 2021
- Change Your Fate With These Brave Banana Cherry Teacakes! - June 15, 2021
- Wakey Wakey Vegan Hash Recipe To Start Your Day! - June 14, 2021