Looking for something fun to bake this Christmas? What about a Mickey Gingerbread Cookie!
It can be a fun activity to do with your family and everyone can make it their own by decorating them with different themes or colors.
Just follow this recipe from Disney Parks and have a fun Christmas day!
MICKEY GINGERBREAD COOKIE
- 1 1/4 cups (160 grams) of gingerbread cookie mix
- 1 1/2 cups (170 grams) of rye flour
- 1 1/2 cups (170 grams) of bread flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 grams) of baking soda
- 2 1/4 tsp (6 grams) of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (2 grams) of ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 tsp (3 grams) of ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp (.3 grams) of ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp (.3 grams) of ground anise seed
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) of butter, softened
- 2/3 cup (120 grams) of granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliters) of honey
- 2 (100 grams) eggs, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) of water
- 1/4 cup (40 milliliters) of milk
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) of pasteurized liquid egg whites
- 2 cups (250 grams) of powdered sugar
- Gel food coloring, in desired colors
- Sift gingerbread cookie mix, rye flour, bread flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, and anise seed into large bowl. Set aside.
- In bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and granulated sugar until fluffy.Add honey, 1 egg, water and milk and mix on medium speed until smooth. Add flour mixer and beat on low speed until mixed. Dough will still be slightly sticky.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Roll cookie dough into 1/8 inch (3-4 millimeter) thick rectangle and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and cut into Mickey gingerbread cookie shapes using a cookie cutter. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- Beat remaining egg in small bowl and brush egg on gingerbread. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire racks before decorating.
- Whisk liquid egg whites in large bowl until frothy. Add powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Place in smaller bowls and tint with desired colors.
- Transfer to piping bags fitted with desired tips and decorate your Mickey gingerbread cookie.
Credit: Disney Parks
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Disney Tsum Tsum Lantern Fairy Lights To Add A Magical Touch To Your Room! - January 11, 2022
- These Mickey And Minnie Ufufy Cupcakes Have A Hidden Surprise Inside! - January 11, 2022
- Adorable Mickey And Minnie Cookie Dough Crispy Pops To Gift This Valentine’s Day! - January 11, 2022