Surprise your special someone with these Finding Nemo “MINE” Seagulls Sugar Cookies!
Because what better way to ask “will you be mine?” then with some delicious treats, plus these cookies inspired by the seagulls on Finding Nemo are super adorable.
Take a look at this easy recipe and start baking!
FINDING NEMO “MINE” SEAGULLS SUGAR COOKIES
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of granulated white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 2 cups of flour
- 4 cups (1 lb) of confectioner’s sugar
- 6 tbsp of warm water
- 3 tbsp of meringue powder
- Piping bags
- Food coloring (black and orange)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- To prepare the sugar cookie dough: In a bowl of a stand mixer use the paddle attachment to beat the butter and sugar on medium to high speed until combined.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla extract, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour slowly and mix until dough is formed.
- Roll out dough about 1/4 inch thick with a rolling pin. Cut out seagull shaped.
- Place cookies on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 6-8 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before decorating.
- To prepare the icing: Beat all icing ingredients until peaks form. This should be about 7-10 minutes in a stand mixer at low speed. For stiffer icing to use for outlining the cookies, use 1 tbsp less water. For the thinned (flood) royal icing, add an additional teaspoon of water at a time until you reach a good consistency.
- Separate frosting into bowls, and then mix in food coloring.
- Transfer frosting into piping bags and decorate.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Credit: Disney Family
- This Buzz Lightyear Frappuccino Will Take To Infinity And Beyond! - April 13, 2021
- Disneyland Paris Castle Cake Recipe In Honor Of Its 29th Anniversary! - April 12, 2021
- New Vanilla Orange Slushy Float Now Available At Disney Springs! - April 12, 2021